Chrstmas Book
  Re: (...)

I try to find a Christmas book/story to read during the days leading up to Christmas and found this to save for a couple of weeks before I dig in. (and, it was free )

What Happened at Christmas

Lady Camille Lydingham loves her family, but they are totally wrong for the part. The one thing Prince Nikolai of Greater Avalonia wishes above all else is to spend Christmas with a proper English family, and Camille’s relatives are anything but proper. So, to fulfill the prince’s holiday wish (and perhaps ensure her place as the next Princess of Greater Avalonia), Camille hires a troupe of actors to impersonate members of her immediate family and act as servants at Millworth Manor. Camille is all set to raise the curtains on her production of a good, old-fashioned English Christmas when a player not in the original script suddenly walks onstage. Eleven years earlier, Grayson Elliott and Camille were set to marry until she threw him over for another man. Now Gray returns to write a new part for himself in Camille’s life. With an extraordinary flair for creating delightfully entertaining characters and an impeccable sense of comic timing worthy of Gilbert and Sullivan, Alexander presents readers with a splendidly sexy holiday gift. --John Charles

Anyone else enjoy Christmas books??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chrstmas Book by cjs ([br]I try to find a ...)
I don't look for particular Christmas books, but I like the idea. And I love this story line! I'll be checking it out! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by Gourmet_Mom (I don't look for par...)
I always look for one every year. I think it gets me in the mood....but, this one may be too close home with dysfunctional family & all!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by cjs (I always look for on...)
I look for new Christmas stories every year. My sister and I are like addicts and usually read several during the holidays, even the sappy ones.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by Mare749 (I look for new Chris...)
Jean, I downloaded 3 today including the one you bought!
Maryann

Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by Mare749 (Jean, I downloaded 3...)
What others did you find, Maryann??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by cjs (What others did you ...)
"Bah, Humbug!" and "Once Upon a Christmas". They might be dumb but I don't care. They were free. If I don't get interested in the first 10 minutes or so, I delete them.
Maryann

Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by Mare749 ("Bah, Humbug!" and "...)
Where did you guys find these? I want to save this thread for later. If I download now, I'll start reading now. I need to finalize grades and pack my stuff in the next two weeks!

YAY! FOURTEEN DAYS!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by Gourmet_Mom (Where did you guys f...)
Amazon, Daphne - mine was free and looks like Maryann's were also, so just behave your own self and get them now!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chrstmas Book by cjs (Amazon, Daphne - min...)
You don't seem to understand my lack of restraint in this area, Jean!

Okay, done! But if I read them all before the week is out, I'm blaming you! LOL!
Daphne