Christmas Leftovers...What To Do??
  Re: (...)
This might be a really interesting thread - if you have some ideas for using up leftovers from the holidays, let's hear (see) them!1

I'll start out with this little goodie -

Linguine and Pork Stir-Fry

[Image: 2014-12-20002438_zpsce685712.jpg]

P.S. forgot to add - it's really good with Chenin Blanc
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by cjs (This might be a real...)
First repurpose was the Mississipi Mud Potatoes from last night. I served them as is as hash browns with brunch. I still have a large hunk of beef left. I haven't decided what to with it. I'll probably either throw it in a screaming hot pan to rewarm it as a steak. It's thick enough that it should stay medium rare inside? Do you think? It's about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. I'm also pondering Beef Stoganoff and French Dips. But that will wait until Sunday.

The kids talked Mom into staying over for another night. She makes the BEST chicken salad, and they got mad when I told them she was not making any to bring! LOL! So Ashley is making it with her to learn how to get it just right.

This means I'll have chicken stock to deal with tomorrow. So pastry and butter beans will be dinner tomorrow.

Although, I'm saving my pan drippings from the ham from this morning for lunch tomorrow....tomato rice soup!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by Gourmet_Mom (First repurpose was ...)
Everything sounds good, Daphne and sounds like the fridge is still pretty full!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by cjs (Everything sounds go...)
Your beef is probably gone by now, Daphne, but just in case it's not....Whenever we have a good piece of beef or pork l/o and we're worried about trying to warm it, we just slice it very thinly and let it come up to room temp. If we have any gravy or jus, then we heat that up for dipping.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by Mare749 (Your beef is probabl...)
I actually don't have any leftover anything but if I had ham, this would sure be on the menu. I might have to buy some ham just to make this Noble Pig recipe.

http://noblepig.com/2012/12/skillet-bowt...eek-pasta/
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by Trixxee (I actually don't hav...)
Don't really have to look at link for that recipe, Trixxee - the name says it all!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by cjs (Don't really have to...)
Read Jeans book. Great book, by the way.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by Old Bay (Read Jeans book. Gr...)
Leftovers?? If so, thank you, sir.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by cjs (Leftovers?? [img]/ub...)
Well, let's hope they're all gone.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas Leftovers...What To Do?? by cjs (Well, let's hope the...)
Polished off mine last night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.