Frog Leg Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
Well piddle, no leftover frog legs for pizza!!
[Image: Feb5froglegbones_zpsfeefcb18.jpg]

[Image: Feb5Froglegplate_zps25e5e326.jpg]

What a wonderful dinner we had. I combined 3 or 4 ideas for the frog and it all worked wonderfully.

Marinated the legs overnight in Buttermilk
Rinsed and patted dry; seasoned with s&p and placed in a shallow dish and a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce (1 tsp.) plus juice of 1 lemon for 4 minutes.

I have some catfish seasoned flour from a local restaurant mixed with a.p. flour, and good sh*t, cayenne. Fried in clarified butter for couple min. per side.

My friend, Chef Dave Nelson, suggested an herbed mayo that I doctored a little and boy, was it tasty.
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp. minced shallots
1 T. thinly sliced gr. onions
1/2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. roughly chopped capers
1/2 tsp. basil paste
S&P to taste

Served with rice and peas and roasted asparagus with Balsamic vinegar, good sh*t and olive oil.

The flavor just all came together with every bite!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by cjs (Well piddle, no left...)
Well, I'm going out to my pond right now, chipping a hole in the ice, and calling down to our hibernating frogs that we love them and aren't planning on making frog legs ever!
ribit.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by foodfiend (Well, I'm going out ...)
You're no fun........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by cjs (You're no fun..........)
I would try them! The mayo sounds very good - I like that idea of adding basil paste.
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by Trixxee (I would try them! ...)
We love frog legs, and those look delicious! In our early days of dating, William took me frog gigging...done at night with a spotlight. We took them to the house, and he and my dad cleaned them and fried them up. They were awesome!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (We love frog legs, a...)
We used to do that when we lived on the Russian River with our trusty 'Herc' (yellow lab) sitting Geo. Washington-style in the bow of the boat and it's a wonder those drunken louts didn't scare every frog out of the area!!!!!

I kept watch from the dock laying in my sleeping bag reading a book by lantern and drinking Kaluha - everybody happy!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by cjs (We used to do that w...)
Funny picture! LOL! We hunted the ditch banks and canals around the lake in a truck...much more comfortable! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (Funny picture! LOL!...)
More comfortable than me? I don't think so......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Frog Leg Dinner Review by cjs (More comfortable tha...)
No, the drunks in the boat! LOL!
Daphne