Lobster dinner
  Re: (...)
Well, tonight I am making lobster for my son's birthday dinner. I forgot to make the Tres Leches cake a day ahead, so I guess I'll be making that another time. Anyway, "Cooking a Maine Lobster Dinner" in Issue 13 really gave me the courage to tackle live lobsters. I made it once before, and it came out really well. The article says that lobsters have a primitive nervous system and don't feel pain...I hope that's true! I can't help but feel a little guilty about, ummm, you know, doing them in like that.
Tammy
  Re: Lobster dinner by TwilightKitten (Well, tonight I am m...)
I was always told to put the lobster in head first to avoid a struggle. I have only fixed a whole lobster a couple of times. Just be quick and it won't be too bad! It's worth it tho,...I love lobster!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Lobster dinner by Bizymomma (I was always told to...)
lol...I get spooked when they squirm....last time, I dropped one! Oops!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Lobster dinner by TwilightKitten (lol...I get spooked ...)
Well, the lobster was good but not $80 good, which is what I paid for the darn things! At least the kids enjoyed theirs. I tried steaming these babies, and let me tell you, it was really painful to kill them. Oh, the guilt! My husband ran out of the room while covering his ears (la, la, la, I can't hear you!) when I suggested that he do the deed.

Anyway, by the time I got to cook mine, I had run out of steaming water but didn't realize it, and I BURNED my lobster!!!!! Oh, the horror!!! Thankfully, the burned flavor didn't get too much into the meat, which was, of course, overdone. It was still edible (barely!), but so disappointing! Ah, well...it'll be better next time...I hope!
Tammy