Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're meeting Allison (cheesemonger/Bill & Jane's daughter) and hopefully Eric, her brother, for dinner tonight. Anxious to see them again.

Long day driving (why is it so tiring to just sit on your butt??), so we had dinner at a little Mexican restaurant just down the road. Wonderful!!

I had Cochinita Pibil – Yucatan dish: pork marinated in Achiote Sauce and cooked on banana leaves; served with fried plantains.

And, Roy had a great Chicken dish - Chix Breast in Mole Poblano Sauce – very tasty also. Dessert – Soapillas.

Now, to work the leftovers in!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
We are having leftovers - eggplant parm, the chicken meatballs marsala. And I picked up a bag of these the other day - have not tried them before - hoping they are decent - will serve with marinara or I might make up some other kind of dipping sauce. Has anyone tried these or any frozen fried calamari product?

http://www.shopwell.com/northern-chef-ca...7797100364
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by Trixxee (We are having leftov...)
I'll be working at the church until late afternoon, so I'm going to just do leftovers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll be working at t...)
From the new issue, I'm making the seared scallops with coconut-lime buerre blanc, jasmine rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by losblanos1 (From the new issue, ...)
I haven't tried those, Trixxee
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by cjs (I haven't tried thos...)
Wow, I just love my new toy!! taco shell holders. It is so easy now to fill a taco.

We used our leftovers from dinner last night to make a couple tacos today and in addition to be tasty, they were fun to work with.

[Image: Mar%202%20Leftover%20Tacos%20w%20stand_zpsnnjpze7k.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by cjs (Wow, I just love my ...)
Oh, that is fun! Where did you find that?

Today, I made a big pot of soup, the clean out the fridge type. Lots of vegetables and little meatballs made out of turkey sausage. We will have a cup of that and a chicken club sandwich with l/o chicken from yesterday's dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by Mare749 (Oh, that is fun! Whe...)
Amazon
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by cjs (Amazon...)
Thanks Jean! They're on the wish list.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/2/15?? by Trixxee (We are having leftov...)
Quote:

http://www.shopwell.com/northern-chef-ca...7797100364

I've never seen those, Trixxee, but I love that I can recognize every ingredient! I'm interested to hear what you think of them. I really enjoy good calamari!

We were going to have enchiladas verdes and a jicama salad, but somehow I got home with Italian parsley instead of cilantro. Oops! Back-up plan is freezer diving, so we're having chile with sausage and jalapeno and sweet corn tomalito.