Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm finally seeing my old C2C cooking pal, Spoony, again after 12 (?) years. I've been friends with his new wife so long, I feel like I know Lori also. So, we'll have a great time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have fun!

I am going to make the butter chicken and just some frozen TJ's naan. If asparagus is on sale somewhere I will do that or I might make some steamed buttered carrots (oh, more butter)! For some reason carrots sound really good to me today.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by Trixxee (Have fun![br][br]I a...)
Jean hope you have a wonderful visit!

Not sure heading into Eugene to drop off one of the bikes to sell, and do some shopping. So happy to get to hit Trader Joe's so might just grab something there and bring it home.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by DFen911 (Jean hope you have a...)
Not the White Stallion?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by cjs (Not the White Stalli...)
We're having Daphne's birthday dinner, but I'm not going to tell you what we think for a while....
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by karyn (We're having Daphne'...)
It sounds like a great time Jean.

Pan fried filets with balsamic & blue cheese, roasted asparagus also.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by losblanos1 (It sounds like a gre...)
Well if you can believe this TJ's was out of Naan and don't want to make the butter chicken without it so now it's the Chicken Veracruz from the new issue, with asparagus and yellow rice.

But speaking of TJ's, they were giving out samples today (well, they always are). Bought all the stuff for it - toasted garlic and olive oil french bread slices topped with their beet hummus, gorgonzala crumbles (or you could do slices), and peppery arugula. Really nice little appetizer. I had a piece of of proscuitto on the side and voila, my lunch today.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by Trixxee (Well if you can beli...)
I'm making a Vietnamese Chicken salad. We'll have egg rolls with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by Mare749 (I'm making a Vietnam...)
Bob made the most amazing - best ever - smoked pork butt Sunday. It was so tender it pulled itself. Now I am positive that someone on here posted a recipe for pulled pork with pasta - I can't find it. That might be dinner - otherwise leftover butter chicken.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/4/15?? by Harborwitch (Bob made the most am...)
Jean, no Pearl is still here with us She's our touring baby. The big red one is the motorcycle that is now in Eugene and here's to a quick sale at full price