Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Our Grandson is bringing dinner over tonight from a Hawaiian restaurant that they like and the weather is so nice we'll be able to eat outside.

Tried a new el cheapo casserole yesterday for noon dinner - saw Campbell's Poblano Soup at the store a few days ago and wanted to try it. It's pretty good, but not enough flavor - I'm thinking whatever I do with the other can, I'll add a fresh roasted Poblano for some pizzazz. But, it does have a nice flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ribs and coleslaw!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to a family baby shower with my girls at a very nice party center and they are supposed to have a lot of food there. So, I'm thinking that will serve as dinner for me. Ron is going to take his dad out while we are all gone, so no cooking at our house today.

Jean, I have not seen that soup yet but will look for it. Can always "spice" it up a bit.

Yesterday, while looking through "Cooking for Two" I saw a recipe for a potato stuffed poblano that looked good. That book has some really good recipes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by Mare749 (I'm going to a famil...)
This salmon recipe, but with sauteed napa cabbage and brown rice.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...e-51101210
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by Trixxee (This salmon recipe, ...)
Maryann, that's one of my favorite publications. Maybe I need to look back through that one for next week's menus.

After mentioning the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad the other day, I got a craving. So that's dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, that's one ...)
Grilling steaks today with potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by losblanos1 (Grilling steaks toda...)
I was thinking the same thing about the Pecan Crusted Chicken salad, Daphne. Sounds sooo good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by Mare749 (I was thinking the s...)
It's awesome, Maryann, but last time I used Jean's Honey Mustard Recipe. It's much better than the one with the recipe.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's awesome, Maryan...)
I love that salad! Tonight, we're trying chicken and goat cheese enchiladas.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/18/15?? by karyn (I love that salad! T...)
Oh so good! I swear there is lettuce under there!

[Image: image_7.jpg]
Daphne