Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Running around today so we'll stop in a new place here in town and give it a try. My BBQ chicken pizza will have to wait for tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Suppose to be 100 degrees here today. And we didn't know the heat wave was coming when we reserved a tractor to mow the back 6 acres. I wish we could cancel and do it next week but they are putting the bans in effect so we have to mow it. That being said, I think we'll be eating ice But more likely rib leftovers.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by DFen911 (Suppose to be 100 de...)
Jimmy just got Tracie's air conditioner put up this weekend for her - good timing!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by cjs (Jimmy just got Traci...)
B'fast for dinner, Banana bread pancakes w/ bananas foster syrup and sausage.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by losblanos1 (B'fast for dinner, B...)
I have friend who has a steadfast rule - if it's over 100, it's milkshakes for dinner.

It's supposed to get quite warm here as well. Chili colorado-type burritos tonight.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by Trixxee (I have friend who ha...)
I'm going to do something with l/o brisket that my son-in-law smoked yesterday, but haven't quite decided what that will be. Might just be sandwiches on good hard rolls. Also have l/o pasta salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by Mare749 (I'm going to do some...)
That brisket sounds wonderful, Maryann. I'm going to have to smoke some soon!!

We're trying Peruvian Style Grilled Chicken with Green Sauce. I just finished making the green sauce and it's delicious, so even if we don't think much of the chicken, the sauce is a keeper. I can imagine putting it on so many things!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by karyn (That brisket sounds ...)
Yes, to milkshakes when it's hot! especially bourbon milkshakes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by cjs (Yes, to milkshakes w...)
Sounds interesting, Karyn!

We had lots to do...Physical therapy, nurse visit for blood tests....that took FOREVER (long story), dressing change, hour of business, pick up dog mes, meet with preacher...I'm exhausted. He filled up on deviled eggs before dinner, so we are having leftovers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/8/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds interesting, ...)
Oh my, that is a lot especially with all you have had to do recently. Take good care, Daphne. And, thanks for letting us know what you are up to.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."