Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15
  Re: (...)
SORRY - HAD TO EDIT THIS - OMITTED THE ONION.

Some of you expressed interest in this recipe, so decided this would be our review dinner for July. For anyone who wants to do another one in two weeks, I was thinking of posting the recipe for the Grilled Chicken Marsala or the Chicken Torta Milanese. So, just let me know if anyone wants to do one of those next.

For the Sweet & Sour Pork, let's post our reviews on July 13.

So, for now...here is the recipe for:

GRILLED SWEET & SOUR PORK

1 6 oz. can pineapple juice
¼ cup rice vinegar
2 T. each: brown sugar, ketchup, and low sodium soy sauce
1-2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch + 2 tsp. water
Grill:
1½ lbs. pork tenderloin , trimmed of fat and silverskin, brushed with canola oil, and seasoned with salt and black pepper
2 large red bell peppers, quartered
1 fresh pineapple, sliced into 1-inch rings
1 LARGE WHITE ONION, SLICED INTO 2-INCH THICK RINGS
Cooked white rice
sliced scallions

1. Preheat grill to medium Brush grill grate with oil.

2. Whisk together pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Whisk together cornstarch and water; stir into sauce, and boil until thick, 1 minute; keep warm

3. Grill tenderloin,, covered, on all sides, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center reads 145°, about 20 minutes. Brush tenderloin with 2 T. sauce; grill until caramelized, 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil; let rest 5 minutes. Cut tenderloin into ½-inch-thick slices.

4. Coat peppers, pineapple, and onion with a nonstick spray; grill until charred on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Chop peppers, pineapple and onion into bite-sized pieces and combine.

5. Serve rice with chopped peppers, pineapple, and onion, sliced pork, and remaining sauce; garnish with scallions.

6. Makes 4 servings at 399 calories per serving.

Source: Cuisine at Home Magazine Issue No. 112
  Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by Mare749 (SORRY - HAD TO EDIT ...)
This one does sound so tasty! Good idea, Maryann
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by cjs (This one does sound ...)
I'm in for this one! Thanks, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm in for this one!...)
Great pick Maryann! I'm in also.
My B'day is next month, so I'll pick a recipe in a couple weeks when this review dinner is done.
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by losblanos1 (Great pick Maryann! ...)
Oh good, here we go again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by losblanos1 (Great pick Maryann! ...)
Blane, that sounds like a great plan! Let's try to keep these going. Sure wish some of the anons out there would join in.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by Mare749 (Blane, that sounds l...)
me too, Maryann - maybe we can think of an incentive to get them to try us for a week, at least.................
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by cjs (me too, Maryann - ma...)
Please check the recipe again - the onion was omitted.

I added it to Maryann's original posting.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by cjs (Please check the rec...)
Oops.

Thanks, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review dinner--Grilled Sweet & Sour Pork 7/13/15 by Mare749 (Oops. [img]/ubbthrea...)
www.achefsjourney.com