Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Meatloaf Quesadillas here and starting tomorrow I've got to eat out of the freezer!!

Good News - Matt & Wendy advanced to the next level in BattleBots last night - anyone see it on ABC??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Of course we did, Jean! Can't wait for next Sunday.

We are going to do burgers on the grill and a chopped salad. Hopefully, it won't rain again!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by Mare749 (Of course we did, Je...)
I may do spaghetti and meatballs? Not sure yet. Depends on what William wants to do today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I may do spaghetti a...)
Camping! Yay! Gonna grill burgers
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by DFen911 (Camping! Yay! Gonna ...)
Somewhat following Laura and Blane's recent dinners - grilled rib eyes, asparagus and "smashed" potatoes.

Rib eyes are on sale for the 4th at $5.77/lb and I have to say they look nice.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by Trixxee (Somewhat following L...)
Mmmmm...a steak sounds so good right now.

We're having shrimp wrapped in bacon with chipotle mayo and leftover green goddess salad
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by losblanos1 (Mmmmm...a steak soun...)
Has anyone made the 40 minute hamburger buns that are so popular on bread baking sites lately? Well, I made them today and while they are easy, they turned out awfully heavy. Sure wish I knew if that's how they are suppose to be.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by Mare749 (Has anyone made the ...)
no, I have not tried them, but have you ever made buns out of 60 min. dinner rolls from a Chef's Journey???

When you’re in a hurry but want bread at the last minute, here is the perfect little dinner roll.

After Work Dinner Rolls

2 T. active dry yeast
1/4 cup water, 105-110° F.
3 T. sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, heated to 105° F.
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 1/2 cups flour
Optional: add a teaspoon of your favorite dry herbs to the dough

Preheat oven to 400° F.
Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand 5 minutes. Add sugar and oil; stir with a fork to blend. Add remaining ingredients beating until smooth.

Let rise in mixing bowl for 10 minutes. Lightly grease three 9” round cake pans or an equivalent larger baking pan.

Shape the dough into rolls and place, slightly touching into pans. Let rise 30 minutes. Bake rolls 15-20 minutes.

CJ’s tip: For a really wonderful flavor, melt bacon grease and dip the rolls in before placing in baking pan. Additionally, sprinkle a little grated Parmesan cheese over the top before baking.

[Image: AfterWork%20Dinner%20Rolls%20_zpsimmhcjwa.jpg]

I do so much with these little goodies - flavors, shapes....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by cjs (no, I have not tried...)
Those rolls look amazing (and craveable), Jean! I'll be giving them a try one of these days!!

Tonight we had another variation of Korean Tacos. Yum!! I'm not sure they beat out the crockpot short ribs, but they are darn tasty.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/29/15?? by karyn (Those rolls look ama...)
Thanks Karyn

Korean Tacos - another one right up my alley
www.achefsjourney.com