Welcome new (and old!) members!!!
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by Old Bay (I graduated in'65 wi...)
thought we'd keep this bumped and availabe for other new and returning members to take a turn. C'mon everyone, please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself.
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by farnfam (thought we'd keep th...)
My name is Billy, I am retired Navy and love to cook. I am self-taught (with a little help from my friends) and hope to share recipes, tips, and techniques. I live in Oregon, right about center on Interstate 5.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by bjcotton (My name is Billy, I ...)
Well, Hi Sailor!!! Been in town long??

I'm kidding, BillyJ is a friend of mine who I suggested trying out c@h forums. He's a great, innovative cook and will twist every recipe put before him.

I also recommended one of my daughters check out c@h also - she's turning into a wonderful cook and the three of us have put together some really fun food!

Welcome BillyJ and I hope Tracie hurrys up and joins us all - there are some great folks here and they are all just as much foodies as we all are.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by cjs (Well, Hi Sailor!!! B...)
YES, Welcome Everyone, I'm so happy to have met you all. You're becoming my "Foodie Family" tehehehe
Cynthia
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by bjcotton (My name is Billy, I ...)
I LOVE sailors!!!!! My very favoritest!!!!!

DH is retired Navy---Dr. on ***** in Viet Nam.

Family members were career navy--one was an original UDT guy!!!

WELCOME Billy from Cape Town

We are looking to relocate to the Seattle aera when se sell our home here.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by Old Bay (I graduated in'65 wi...)
Old Bay---welcome to you and I have already noted that you give some great advice and recipes--keep on coming!!!

I visited Houston once--MANY years ago but don't remember too much about it except that I went to the Galleria shopping center and entered the first Nieman Marcus store I ever had occasion to be in the general vicinity of. Well--needless to say, I haven't been back to often---just to look and make a wish list---dream, dream, dream!!!

We have some wonderful vineyards here--I think I told you that already but thought I would share with our other friends. I wish I could speak with knowledge about the industry BUT---all I know is that I like a nice glass of semi-dry white on occasion---what's that tell ya!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by Roxanne 21 ( Old Bay---welcome t...)
Roxanne, I'm sure hoping you'll bring (well just a few) some cases of wine with you when you head for Seattle - we'd love to help you do some tastings! have found a number of So. African wines that are darn good.

Roy (husband/aka Roy Rogers) & I had a small vineyard in California - Zin, Cab, Merlot, Muscat and a few table - and he was producing some very good wines. But I still consider myself an amateur, just know what I like and take copious notes so I can find them again.

And it's so fun to match new wines to food! This will be my retirement project I'm thinking.

Bill, have you checked out the wines in El Dorado county in California?? They are doing some really wonderful stuff there - they are where Napa/Sonoma were in the 70s & 80s - the winemakers are still on premise and willing to talk to everyone - and they still don't charge for tastings!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by cjs (Roxanne, I'm sure ho...)
I am really excited to meet and talk with new friends. cjs is a good friend of mine who I turn to when I'm lost and need some guidance.

I used to love wines, the dryer the better, but now they give me a headache after a few sips; but, I can still cook with them.

Roxanne, a year or so ago I used to talk with someone from South Africa, I think he lived in Cape Town. CJ, do you remember his name? Oh well, Cape Town is a large place anyway.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by cjs (Roxanne, I'm sure ho...)
I have not checked out the El Dorado wines--I'll be on the lookout. Last trip to Oregon we discovered Anne Ammie and Bella Vista Pinot Noir--very good!! I have a connection at Raptor Ridge and am getting half a case when it is released.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Welcome new (and old!) members!!! by Old Bay (I have not checked o...)
Welcome Laura!
Hope you enjoy the forum!
Loving every moment of my life!!