Sunday Dinner, 8/30/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Not a clue here, again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/30/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Meatloaf, au gratin potatoes and asparagus. For once we are sticking with our meal plans this weekend.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/30/15?? by Trixxee (Meatloaf, au gratin ...)
Duh! I knew what we were going to have!! I mentioned the other day, I think, that we (and 2 other couples) are splitting an igourmet.com cheese club. We rec'd our first 3 cheeses Thursday and as I nibbled while splitting them up, had to taste the crumbs and all are just wonderful.

So, I'm putting together a charcuterie platter for us for dinner with salami, cornichons, a sour-cherry spread I had on hand,.......maybe a couple other goodies. really looking forward to it.

Also, our tree that a 'noted' nurseryman told us was not a fig tree but a flowering plum turns out to be a crabapple!!! Geez, so after the winds knocked off so many yesterday, I thought I'd better do something with some of them. I'm not sure what/when they are supposed to be ripe, but googling says to look for very dark seeds and can be bitten into as we can an apple. So, you can bite into them, but not sure if the seeds are dark as they should be. So, we'll see how this pie that is in the oven turns out. Fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/30/15?? by cjs (Duh! I knew what we ...)
William made a special request of pancakes. Sausage on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.