T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Our friend, Houseboat Don is coming for the weekend, so have no idea what he'll be picking up at Central Market. I'm planning just chicken 'something' for tonight and go from there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
William mentioned steak last night. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (William mentioned st...)
Taco salad tonight. Haven't had it for a while and have some good tomatoes to use.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by Mare749 (Taco salad tonight. ...)
Contemplating the Thai Scallop Stir Fry from the newest issue. I would probably change up the bell peppers for a couple of other things- like mushrooms and celery and I don't know what else.

Glad I read through the recipe thoroughly. It was calling for two cans of coconut milk (for 4 servings ) and I thought that was nuts - then I saw that their cans are only 5.5 ounces. Has anyone ever seen mini can of coconut milk? I have not. Also, I'm a little dubious about the picture. I have made a million things with coconut milk and red curry paste and the end result was not a dark brown sauce.

All that said - it sounds good to me!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by Trixxee (Contemplating the Th...)
let us know.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by cjs (let us know........)
3 tablespoons of red curry paste? Yikes! 1 tablespoon for this wuss. The Asian grocery store near us carries coconut milk in 5oz up to 32oz cartons.

From the newest Weeknight Menus cook book from Cuisine, I'm making beef filets with Poivre butter and a side of grilled asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by losblanos1 (3 tablespoons of red...)
When we first started using red curry paste about 18 years ago 1 teaspoon was enough for a whole meal. Now I usually use 2 tablespoons. I guess we got acclimated to it?

How is that book Blane? I almost ordered it the other day.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by Trixxee (When we first starte...)
I've actually never cooked with red or green curry paste, but I've been looking at it for a long time....

Tonight is a pizza an beer night. I'm ready for a long weekend!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/4/15?? by karyn (I've actually never ...)
How's this for coincidence, I just got back from walking our dog and checked the mail on the way in the door, the hard copy of the cookbook arrived. I've got 24 recipes tagged, so it's a good one for me.

Karyn, Perfect.