Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Waffles and bacon here and hopefully the batter will hold for tomorrow, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have a tomato to use so will be having BLT's and a cup of soup.

All the talk about waffles lately made me hungry for some. So, the waffle iron is heating right now. Waffles for brunch.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by Mare749 (We have a tomato to ...)
catching, isn't it? And, the thought of the aromas of the waffle iron.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by cjs (catching, isn't it? ...)
I've got a big pot of black-eyed peas simmering in chicken stock with some ham bits thrown in simmering away on the stove. I'll be putting the collards on soon. And I just decided I'd give in and make William some corn bread, too.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got a big pot o...)
And, the waffles were everything I wanted and have been craving for the last few days!!
[Image: Oct%204%20Sourdough%20Waffles_zpscuhcq8s2.jpg]

Now, if the batter holds over and is good for a repeat for tomorrow, I'll discard all the other recipes!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by cjs (And, the waffles wer...)
Those waffles really do look outstanding, Jean.

Daphne, how I wish for a visit with you! I love Southern food!
Maryann

Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by Mare749 (Those waffles really...)
Tonight was about as Southern as you get! You know you are welcome to visit! Soooo good! I almost hurt myself!

Now if I could get this rain to go away! If this keeps on, we will be facing a Hurricane Floyd situation again! NOT good! We are better off than areas of SC, but not by a lot. Now that this thing has targeted us again, we may wind up in the same boat as them....pun intended!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight was about as...)
Daphne, hope you are okay. It sounds very bad from what we are hearing. Stay safe.
Maryann

Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by Mare749 (Daphne, hope you are...)
This weather is sure not sounding very safe for any of you all back there. Good luck. Anxious for the news to come on for updates. Stay safe.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 10/4/15?? by cjs (This weather is sure...)
We woke up to more heavy rain this morning, but it has stopped for now. I just hope it stays that way. Right now, we are in much better shape than our neighbors just south of us. But even if we don't get any more rain, some low lying areas may still be affected. Not sure about crops around yet.
Daphne