Monday Dinner - 11/2?
  Re: (...)
Back to the diet today. I am either going to be making chicken piccata or the spicy garlic/lemon/tabasco glazed chicken breast in one of the "Lite" books. Made it before and it was quite good considering how basic the ingredients are. Also going to try mashed cauliflower for the first time. Might also throw a small side salad together.
  Re: Monday Dinner - 11/2? by Trixxee (Back to the diet tod...)
I've got Big Macs & Tots on the menu.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 11/2? by losblanos1 (I've got Big Macs & ...)
Well, for heaven's sakes - completely forgot!! Thanks Trixxee.

Leftovers here, naturally!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 11/2? by cjs (Well, for heaven's s...)
We are doing Chicken Chow Mein. Everything is prepped and ready to go.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 11/2? by Gourmet_Mom (We are doing Chicken...)
We're having a F&W recipe - Flank Steak Spirals with Porcini and Red Wine . I had everything I needed to make it, so it sounded like a good option. I'm serving it with rice pilaf and roasted broccolini. I'll let you know how it turns out.

ETA: Not worth the effort...bland. Felt like a waste of ingredients I usually love, despite the fact we kept adding more seasonings.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 11/2? by karyn (We're having a F&W r...)
That's a shame, Karyn. We LOVE flank steak.

Dinner was really good. I did make a change this time. I usually use the broccoli option, since bok choy is not readily available. This time I subbed finely shredded cabbage and it was PERFECT! William requested more cabbage next time. We both agreed we would be happy with a vegetarian version one time. But the next version will be shrimp. YUM!

ETA: You know how the smell of a braised meat drives you crazy when you're waiting for it to get done? The after effects of a stir fry is driving me crazy!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner - 11/2? by Gourmet_Mom (That's a shame, Kary...)
Got to have duds every once in a while to appreciate the good ones, I guess.

Yes - braising drives me crazy! And, that's why I made a Gingerbread cake for Roy's B'day, it makes the house smell so darn good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com