Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I doing a repeat of the Cong Bao Rou Si (Stir-fried pork with leeks) so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony headed out to Boston and Rhode Island this morning so I can kick back on the cooking and eat things he never would. Tonight it's just rotini pasta topped with stewed tomatoes and some sautéed zucchini on the side.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by Trixxee (Tony headed out to B...)
Boston is one of my favorite "big" cities, Trixxee. Does Tony get to enjoy some free time when he travels, or is it all about work?

Tonight is girls night out with my daughters. We're going to a new place that is sort of a wine bar/bistro. They are known for their small plates so we will just order a few items from each section of the menu and share. With a glass (or two) of "house" wine it makes for a very reasonable night out.

http://thevenuebistro.com/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by Mare749 (Boston is one of my ...)
We are turkey'd out Tonight grilling steaks!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by DFen911 (We are turkey'd out ...)
My kind of menu, Maryann! Have fun.

Speaking of one item -
Roasted Olives $5
Mixed Olives, Citus, Fresh Herbs & Olive Oil

I love to serve 'gourmet' olives for most of my starter plates and I just heard about warming the olives before serving. I've never done this - and if all of you have, why didn't you tell me!1

And, adding citrus sounds really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by cjs (My kind of menu, Mar...)
Maryann- generally it's mostly work. Usually trade shows. Half the time they are so beat after they don't even get a chance to sample some local cuisine - they opt for room service or just dining in the hotel.

This time however he is flying to Providence tomorrow after he's done to visit some old, old friends for the weekend.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by Trixxee (Maryann- generally i...)
Ricotta hotcakes with salmon swirls...REQUEST.

BOSTON???????? One of my favorite cities with all of the history....love walking through the streets ... I'm EXTREMELY jealous...hope to get back to ramble through AWESOME memories!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Ricotta hotcakes wit...)
Roxanne, I know how you feel! We have been a few times and love it. Can't wait to go back!

Those pancakes sound delicious.

Jean, the roasted olives are delicious. They are really just warmed up, but oh, so good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/3/15?? by Mare749 (Roxanne, I know how ...)
Have fun, Maryann!

I wound up making Pasta Cobb Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.