Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Today is the weekly meeting of the motely crew, so don't know what we'll go with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am slow baking some baby back ribs with a char siu sauce to turn into fried rice. My friend gave me the recipe - said it's so good with the garlic compound butter you use. Of course butter makes everything better!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Trixxee (I am slow baking som...)
I'm making the eggs benedict that I was going to make last week, but made Egg McMuffins instead. Sausage on the side, because it makes everything better.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the eggs ...)
Well, I had Herb Fried Chicken with black pepper gravy on the menu. Not sure now because we have to go to a wake that is from 4-8 and is a bit of a drive. So, we might just pick up something on the way home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Mare749 (Well, I had Herb Fri...)
Why I’ll never go completely over to Sous Vide – can you imagine how good my kitchen smells after turkey legs roasting for a couple hours?? Now, if I can stay away from that crispy skin until it cools, I’ll be fine.
Just season under and outside skin, roast at 400°F. for 20 min.; turn heat down to 350° and continue roasting to an internal temperature of 172° (not for doneness, but for ‘tenderer’ meat. )
[Image: Jan%2012%20Roasted%20Turkey%20Legs_zpsnuawgfpb.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by cjs (Why I’ll never go co...)
We're having the Greek Chicken Roulades that I got in an e-mail last week. I'll serve it with the orzo suggested and some green beans.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by cjs (Why I’ll never go co...)
You've got me drooling!!!!

I went to the store to get ingredients for Zuppa Tuscano, and they've stopped carrying cauliflower! REALLY?!?!?! I had to shift gears fast. I knew I had a batch and a half of marinara in the freezing unit. (I had just moved it from the cooler into my new fridge. I LOVE IT! It's HUGE compared to my old one. And so much more conveniently arranged!). So, anyway, I went with spaghetti.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (You've got me drooli...)
Daphne, do you really use cauliflower in your zuppa? I never thought to do that, but what a great idea!

Jean, those roasted turkey legs sure are calling my name! Wow! Thanks for the method. Copied and saved.
Maryann

Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by Mare749 (Daphne, do you reall...)
Maryann, if you're interested, I have a new dry rub that I'm really liking.

I used this amount for 2 turkey legs -
1 T. Montreal Seasoning mix (I have a recipe for this also)
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder

And, also I poured one of those small cans of sprite in the bottom of the pan (under the rack holding the legs) - I save all the 'jus' from this and it is such a wonderful flavor to add to................. we'll see.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 1/12/16?? by cjs (Maryann, if you're i...)
Thanks, Jean. Copied and saved! I might have your recipe for montreal seasoning. Isn't it in one of your books?
Maryann