I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread?
  Re: (...)
I don't know how but I have lost the recipe for Popcorn Bread. I tried to search but it's evidently over 2 years since anyone commented on it. Does anyone happen to have it in an easy to post form? I would be so grateful . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread? by Harborwitch (I don't know how but...)
Here you go Sharon - I sure haven't made this in a long time.

Popcorn Bread*****

1 C Boiling water
1 C Cold milk
1 1/2 Pkgs Dry yeast (1 1/2 Tbsp)
3/4 C Sugar
4 C Popped Corn
1 tsp Salt
3 Eggs
1/3 C Melted Butter
7 C All-purpose flour
Melted butter for crust

Combine the water and milk in a large mixing bowl and stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand about 10 minutes until surface is bubbly (proofing).

Pick through the popcorn and discard any unpopped kernels. Run the popcorn through a blender or food processor until it is the consistency of cornmeal.

Add to the mixture in the bowl with the salt. Beat in the eggs and melted butter and gradually work in all the flour. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or so, until the dough is smooth and elastic.

Grease a large bowl and put the dough into it, turning to coat the entire surface. Cover and let rise in a warm spot, usually 25 to 30 minutes.

Punch it down while still in the bowl. Cover and let rise once more. Turn out onto a floured surface and separate into 3 pieces. Shape into loaves and place in 3 greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and tests done. Remove from oven and brush melted butter over top.

Note: next time make ~3.5 oz. buns and leave a little thicker. Dough made 35 oz. loaf pan (11X3 1/2") and 30 oz. for buns. Made 15 - each 2-2.2 oz.

Description:
"(Makes 3 loaves) maryann made this and said it good! July 7, 2009"
NOTES : Labs posted this 5/08.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread? by cjs (Here you go Sharon -...)
This bread is so good! It's been too long.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread? by Gourmet_Mom (This bread is so goo...)
We liked it, too. Don't know why I haven't made it recently.

Sharon, what do you use as a sub for white flour to make it gluten free?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread? by Mare749 (We liked it, too. Do...)
Thank you all!

Maryann - I use a flour that is grown and milled in Canada! I do have some gluten free baking mixes . . . and I will try them, but the Canadian stuff rocks!
  Re: Re: I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread? by Harborwitch (Thank you all! [br]...)
I heard about that in my bread baking class that I took with Peter Reinhart. Was wondering if I had remembered to tell you about it. Glad you found it and are able to use it. I am interested in that flour as we were told it is very high quality, organic and non-GMO.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I am at a loss! Popcorn Bread? by Mare749 (I heard about that i...)
I don't remember the brand Maryann. We get it in HUGE bags at a European Deli in town. I also intend to get a HUGE bag of their dark rye flour. I will try to get a brand for you. We also buy wonderful cookies there that are made in Latvia, and different places in Europe. They are much less sweet than cookies here - and I can eat them!

Berta tried some of the Canadian flour too and she agrees, it makes the best doughs and pastry. Everything is so light and lovely. She liked it so much that she went and bought a big bag too.