Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally using one of my treasured bags of gator - making some sliders. and slaw
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Trying to decide between leftovers (either roast pork, etc. from Sunday or chicken parm from last night) or keeping these for lunches and making something new and different tonight.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by foodfiend (Trying to decide bet...)
Was going to make a meatloaf today until I stepped outside this morning with Charlie. So, now thinking that burgers on the grill would be great. Just need a good salad for a side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by Mare749 (Was going to make a ...)
Quote:

until I stepped outside this morning

Me too! I had thawed a pork roast, and the fixings for Turkey Pot Pie. Might have to freezer dive for something fit for warm weather.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
It's either Chile Colorado chicken burritos or French dips.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by losblanos1 (It's either Chile Co...)
I might be off the hook tonight but if not, thinking of these chicken thighs, though I would probably do them in the oven. Not sure of sides - maybe my roasted diced sweet potatoes with lime and cilantro, and a salad.

http://rasamalaysia.com/chili-lime-chicken/
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by Trixxee (I might be off the h...)
Oooo Trixxee, that looks good!!

Got this marinading in the fridge:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/233170/swee...ype=home%20page
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by BarbaraS (Oooo Trixxee, that l...)
Hi, Lorraine! Long time no see! I'm with you and Maryann, the weather here is the best yet! So deck time and grilling again today. The wind yesterday just made it too uncomfortable to stay out long. So dinner tonight is hot dogs all the way with chips. Hoping the wind doesn't kick up today. So far so good.

I had a mammagram this afternoon in the city, so I was able to go to one of my favorite nice grocery stores. They had thighs for 99 cents a pound and breasts and tenders for buy one, get one free. So I loaded up! That with the hamburger I got the other day for $1.99 makes my freezer very happy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hi, Lorraine! Long ...)
Good luck with the mammogram, Daphne. I had to go in for my 6 monthly visit to have sunspots removed yesterday! darn Norwegian skin and my love of laying in the sun in the 60s.... today my face is a mess so can't meet the Motley crew at a bar.

But, we compensated with these for lunch....
[Image: mar820001_zpsc4vwir4p.jpg]
Fried Alligator Sandwiches....crap, they were so good!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/8/16?? by cjs (Good luck with the m...)
Oh. My. Word. So jealous! That looks delicious! Drooling! It's been too long!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.