Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16??
  Re: (...)
Good morning! and, what time is it at your house??

What's on the menu for everyone today??
I'm doing a slow-cook ribs and kraut - Roy's favorite.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by cjs (Good morning! and, w...)
Good morning Jean! It looks like it's time for us to brace for the wind storm that's heading our way.

Today I'm making House special chow mein with pan fried noodles, and if the power goes out, grilled chicken burgers.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by losblanos1 (Good morning Jean! I...)
Roy's going to tie some things down. Our propane deck heater blew over last wind storm, so won't take any chances this time!! Good luck to us all.

A little change up in meals today - somehow got waffles and bacon in my mind and can't get it out, so waffles mid-day and the slow cook later.

And if the power goes out....freezer dive.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by cjs (Roy's going to tie s...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Doing a Chicken Parmesan sous vide! Got some fresh angel hair pasta, mozzarella, and DiBruno Brothers Garlic and Sweet Basil sauce.

Sounds like the whole West Coast is experiencing terrible weather. Be safe all!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by BarbaraS (Doing a Chicken Parm...)
Hang on, Blane and Jean!

We made a dash to the city to make good on some incredible deals at one of my favorite grocery stores. They had BOGO on London Broil. Italian sausage, and baby back ribs and chicken breast fillets were buy two, get three free! I'll get everything frozen tomorrow after I split the breasts and vacuum seal them. Freezing unit will be really happy!

Anyway, we went out to eat while there, nothing special, but filling. So, I suggested cold cut wraps for dinner. William was keen on the idea. Plenty of shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes from last night with a smear of Ranch dressing ought to make a nice light dinner on this warm day. We seem to have dodged the first band of heavy rain.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hang on, Blane and J...)
What part of the country do you live, Susan?? You're bringing up some old favorites I haven't thought of for a while!

I think the Olympic mtns. are doing their job and the weather (for the most part) will be going around us. But, it sure is cold.

Well my yen for waffles is definitely satisfied - I really overate on these Yeast waffles. They were so good. Tried duck bacon with them and it's delicious.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hang on, Blane and J...)
Be safe, Jean and Blane!

Wow! What a score, Daphne!! We managed to dodge the rain for the most part here as well and it's sunny and warm.

Tonight we're having the C@H Carne Asada burritos. I know we'll enjoy them, but I planned them for the rainy day we were supposed to have, not the gorgeous weather we do have...
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by karyn (Be safe, Jean and Bl...)
I know what you mean, Karyn! I had wanted to do the ribs today, but anticipated bad weather, so we had a big meal for lunch.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/13/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know what you mean...)
Happy Sunday to you, too, Susan!

So, I stuffed some nice creminis for an appy and put them in the oven with a medley of fresh veggies that I roasted just until tender. Wanting to eat healthy today, I put those roasted veggies in a whole wheat pita with some guacamole and that was dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."