T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16??
  Re: (...)
Wow, Happy July to everyone!! Can you believe it?

What's on the menu for everyone today??

My meager half chicken I grilled day before yesterday is sure carrying us thru the week!! Yesterday, burritos (and have 2 left) and a sandwich later and today twice-baked potatoes using up the rest of the chicken filling.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by cjs (Wow, Happy July to e...)
We're meeting up with some friends for bar food tonight. The place we're going has good Italian food. Ron and I will share an antipasta salad and a sandwich, as the portions are large.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by Mare749 (We're meeting up wit...)
Love bar hopping!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by cjs (Love bar hopping! [i...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Very good salad to go with dinner today - Feta Vinaigrette from [Email]C@H's[/Email] Sandwiches & Salads cookbook. I have a note on the recipe that Blane thought 'it was tasty, but not as good as the bacon vinaigrette'. But, I really like it. Again, with the spiralizer

[Image: Jul%201%20Zucc%20Noodle%20Salad%20w%20Fe...fssgse.jpg]

I love this stuff and I hope I can stay out of it until dinnertime.

Feta Vinaigrette

1/2 cup each of olive oil and white wine vinegar
3oz crumbled feta
2 Tbs each shallots & honey
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
Juice of half a lemon

1. Whisk all the ingredients together

2. Black pepper to taste

From Cuisine at Home's Sandwiches & Salads cook book
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by cjs (Very good salad to g...)
I'm in the mood for either a pumpkin or a peach milkshake. I don't think Tony will go for that though. LOL.

Thinking about picking up some take out bbq and maybe supplment it with those zuccini/sweet potato fritters I posted about the other day.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by Trixxee (I'm in the mood for ...)
Remind the old woman losing her mind - what did you have done? Floors?? How did it come out??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by cjs (Remind the old woman...)
We had some beautiful laminate floors put in the kitchen and adjoining family room. It turned out fantastic. So happy with the quality. What we had down before was cheap 13 year old laminate. The new stuff is very nice.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by Trixxee (We had some beautifu...)
And I got my milkshake! I bought some vanilla coconut milk (Silk brand) and used that with a little strawberry ice cream for a mini shake. It tasted so tropical and refreshing. Never had coconut milk until today.

I was actually looking for chocolate coconut almond milk for this recipe. Couldn't find it.

http://cristinaferrarecooks.com/2016/06/...ate-shake/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/1/16?? by Trixxee (And I got my milksha...)
Trixxee,

You've never had a Pina Colada??? Coconut milk is awesome!!! And coconut water is also pretty tasty, too!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.