Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm going to thin slice the beef roast I made yesterday with the Tony C's Garlic & Herb injected marinade. Probably just have some sandwiches and a salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Breakfast for dinner!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are heading out shortly for Geneva-on-the-lake where our kids camp. They took the smoker with them and are prepping stuffed pork chops with sausage, onion and celery. Heather told me they are also smoking bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, and stuffed baby bellas. I think we're the ones who are going to be stuffed!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by Mare749 (We are heading out s...)
You sure will be!!! Sounds like fun, Maryann
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by cjs (You sure will be!!! ...)
Stuffed is right! I know it will be a blast! Have fun, Maryann!

I'm finally getting around to the ramen stir fry we were supposed to have last Thursday. It has been so HOT TODAY! I've not been in the mood to cook yet. Thankfully, the chicken is precooked and we had a late lunch. So I'm going to do dinner late and go out on the deck. We just had a storm blow through, so I'll wait for the house to finish cooling down while I get to enjoy the cooler temps outside.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Stuffed is right! I...)
Wine glass filled?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by Mare749 (We are heading out s...)
That sounds so wonderful. Bob talks very fondly of Geneva on the Lake. He's from Ashtabula.

Tonight is Honey Glazed Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes & Spinach. I think I might come up with another veg - maybe. All sous vide.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by Harborwitch (That sounds so wonde...)
Todays dinner was beef tenderloin with brandy mushroom sauce, potato confit and asparagus.

[Image: 1_zpsaoplzzqg.jpg]
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by losblanos1 (Todays dinner was be...)
Beautiful! You can actually see how tender and scrumptious that steak is.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/3/16?? by Mare749 (Beautiful! You can a...)
Oh Blane! I'm drooling!

Jean, yes, wine was a major motivator today! Due to high temps and lack of breeze today, we didn't get much deck time, but I got lots of relaxation time, so that was good. Since my stir fry was so close to being done, dinner was a cinch!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.