Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Maryann's Orzo and Trixxee's drumstick recipes caught my eye and I think I'm going with them.

Also, picked my first crooknecks yesterday!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Those both sound good, Jean.
Tonight we're having Peruvian Grilled Chicken Skewers with Peruvian Green Sauce. Hopefully we enjoy it!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by karyn (Those both sound goo...)
No clue here. I really wanted to pack a picnic and go down to the lake today, but we're afraid to go anywhere near downtown with the stupid RNC in town, and all the other beaches are a longer drive.

Guess our picnic will be in our own backyard, so getting out the Grilling book for inspiration.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by Mare749 (No clue here. I real...)
I can't imagine being in the same area as a political convention. As it was, I was fit to be tied two summers ago when we were camping in Laguna Beach. Obama flew in on Marine One to give a commencement speech at UCI and we were stuck on Pacific Coast Highway forever while he landed on a beach parking lot. For some reason being stuck in gridlock with nowhere to go makes me a nervous wreck.

Anyway......Sundays are Tony's day to cook and I think he's planning on a beer can chicken and grilled corn on the cob.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by Trixxee (I can't imagine bein...)
Recipes look great, Karyn. Like the sound of the sauce.

Hope you like the chicken Jean. I used drummettes because I thought Tony didn't care for drumsticks. Now he says drumsticks would have been just fine (and they would have been half the price)!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by Trixxee (Recipes look great, ...)
I have leg/thigh pieces from the freezer, so I'll go with those.

That orzo is very good. Just mixed it all up - but, since I had arugula and no spinach, went with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by cjs (I have leg/thigh pie...)
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I thought you'd like the orzo!

Now we will have the Cobb Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope you enjoy it ...)
Wow, was this a great dinner, but I think Iā€™m morphing into a wimp. I added a heaping 1/4 cup Sriracha and it was almost too hot for me ā€“ but the orzo got me thru it. !! Great flavors. (See that little lump of chicken on the orzo?? All the time growing up, my older sister and Dad would fight over the chicken hearts. I never tasted one until I was out on my own ā€“ and, let me tell you I share them with no one.)

[Image: jul%2017%20006_zpsd9ugkg7c.jpg]

A P.S. ā€“ Anyone who likes wraps and appreciates them on a buffet table or just an easy dinner, you might think of this one. Black Beans & Corn Wraps with goat cheese and arugula. So good!!
[Image: jul%2017%20003_zps0wxmsnil.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by cjs (Wow, was this a grea...)
Wow, everything looks so good. I'M STARVING! Another hour until we eat.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/17/16? by cjs (Wow, was this a grea...)
I'm so glad you mentioned that, Jean. I thought 1/2 cup of sriracha would be a bit much for us, too. I'll keep it to 1/4 cup when I make this.

I picked up a big t-bone steak for us to share, and "local!" corn for the grill. So excited. I had a little bit of Italian sausage l/o from yesterday, so mixed that up with some bread crumbs and parm, to stuff in some mushrooms.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."