T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not a clue here - it's raining cats & dogs, so soup sounds really good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony is grilling baby backs and I'm making corn on the cob and au gratin potatoes.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by Trixxee (Tony is grilling bab...)
Not sure, soup sounds good for here. Trying not to float away. Dinner will be determined after we yij have taken care of some business in Southport. The weather and roadways are already terrible! Can't imagine what it will be like in a couple of hours!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Not sure, soup sound...)
Stay safe!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by cjs (Stay safe!...)
Hope you get back home before the roads get worse, Daphne. We were down there one year just following a hurricane and had to follow a lot of detours. The flooding was shocking.
Stay safe and hope it passes quickly.

I picked up some shrimp to roast with garlic and olive oil to put over pasta. Haven't decided on a veg yet. Wanted asparagus but it looked awful.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by Mare749 (Hope you get back ho...)
I'm coming to your house, Maryann!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by cjs (I'm coming to your ...)
Me too, Jean!!!

We had appointments up through 2, but we left soon after that. The roads were bad, but I expect they will be worse by tomorrow. So far, things have been relatively calm.

Anyway, William and I put on a pot of School House Soup, and it's simmering away on the stove. So we are good to go for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Me too, Jean!!![br][...)
Our later snack was very good - a hot ham sandwich. Ham in the slow cooker for ~3 1/2 hours with apple juice, relish, Dijon, b. sugar. Sure smelled good as it did its thing.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by cjs (Our later snack was ...)
Jean, what size ham did you use? Sounds like a great way to warm a ham.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 9/2/16?? by Mare749 (Jean, what size ham ...)
I had scraps from a ham which I was going to use for soup. Just thinly sliced
www.achefsjourney.com