Dinner Thread 10/17/16 - 10/24/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 10/17/16 - 10/24/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]D...)
So, should my laptop be set to Desktop version? Or the ipad?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I switch it to the full version on my iPad.  I haven't tried the new forum on the laptop yet.  It will be interesting to see if it automatically opens in the full version.  All I do know is that it always opens in the mobile version when I pull it up on my iPad, and I have to remember to switch it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
geez, bear with me here - and where do I find these options???

full version
vs.
desktop version
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I've got nothing to add about the technology issues. We just signed up for LastPass so that we are not using the same passwords over and over, and I've had to add all of the sites I frequent to our vault. I had no idea how bad I was about reusing 3 or 4 pretty weak passwords! That's been my technology challenge this week. Blush

Last night was the Taste of Atlanta Kick Off Party. We went with a group of 12, including our kids, neighbors, and some dear friends. The food samples were terrific and I've found an organic butcher to buy meat from when I get to sausage-making time this winter. We had some delicious grilled octopus (I still struggle with the fact that octopus has become one of my favorite apps. They are so intelligent that I feel guilty), duck tacos and all sorts of other wonderful food. My phone was dead, or I would have tried to take pictures. Grrr! We had a great time, but I wasn't too excited to cook tonight, so freezer diving for pasta was in order. Dinner was Orecchiette della Nonna, and even after months in the freezer, it was delicious! I didn't add the finishing cheeses and butter until tonight, and I'm going to be making another batch for this winter.
Hi Karyn!  It sounds like a fun evening!  I'm so glad you were able to get out and have fun.  You've been too stressed out and working too hard this year!

We are continuing with our late lunch/early dinner routin, and I think we're going to keep it up.  We went to a favorite that we haven't been to in a while...Bonefish Grill!  It was soooo good!  Here's what we had: (Hope the pictures work right!

Baked Ciabatta with Basil Pesto Oil

[Image: 40377752-7571-4C6E-AE4B-C0AF6B156CA3.jpg]

Bang Bang Shrimp (Sorry we dove in before I got a picture.  They were really piled up there.)

[Image: 209825FB-2DD9-43F1-8837-72B8E8FBBC99.jpg]

We finally got smart and split a large entree, But William was afraid it wouldn't be enough for him, so he got a wedge blue cheese salad and a cup of corn chowder with crab.  He's sorry now!  LOL!

[Image: CB1DF058-240F-44BB-A74A-1153373954DB.jpg]

[Image: 7496211C-02A9-440B-B89F-AC03E5AE846A.jpg]

And the entree was Sea Bass Imperial: grilled Sea Bass topped with a cheesy mixture of shrimp, scallops, and crab and a lemon caper sauce.  Sides were perfectly steamed broccoli and garlic whipped mashed potatoes.  YUM!

[Image: D06BCB16-4C73-45EE-84E5-F9C2EDA315E6.jpg]

Jean, I totally forgot to reply about which version!  You want the Full Version.  It can be found at the bottom of the screen.  But you can change it permanently by going to User CP where you went to fix your PMs.  It's on the right side midway or at the bottom I think?  I just went there to fix mine.  

I need to go add to the request thread.  Choosing a color is difficult because they are so small.  This was supposed to be red.  I tried to get it three times and gave up.
Daphne
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread 10/17/16 - 10/24/16 by Gourmet_Mom (Hi Karyn!  It sounds...)
Daphne, it is red, at least on my screen and the letters are huge! Big Grin

Your dinner at Bonefish sounds so good!

Karyn, I'm so happy for you that you got out and had a good time! Hope it relieved some stress for you.

We spent the day running errands in between volleyball games. Decided to have hot Italian sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions tonight, on hard Italian sub rolls. Delish!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
It's closer to a burnt orange on my screen.  I was going for blood red.  Anyway, it's big because I wanted to be sure Jean saw it.  I was afraid she'd miss it with all the pictures.
Daphne
Saw it - thanks Daphne! Now one more question - "You want the Full Version. It can be found at the bottom of the screen." - I can find it when I'm where????

All this delicious food has me ready for breakfast, let me tell you!!!

One of these days, maybe I'll get the hang of this computer/forum/'stuff' ;P

Sunday Dinner - 10/23/16?? (why or why don't I have options for font size, underline and bold anymore??????????)

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Picked up some Hawaiian Beef Ribs (aka Flanken) the other day, but my grill is all covered up......with some rice salad. Nothing exciting.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, it would be better to change it to full version permanently.  Go to the User PC icon.  It's at the top left of every screen under the top orange banner.  Let me get home to my iPad and I will take screen shots of each step and email it to you.

We are doing our usual fried chicken Sunday lunch and will probably have leftovers for dinner.  But I want to try to prep for stir fry tomorrow.
Daphne
I can't help with any tech issues, I still don't know how to post pictures or search for anything.

Tony is making a bolognese sauce to top penne with.  Of course Michael will just have his pasta with butter and parmesan.