Instant Pot - II
  Re: Instant Pot - II by Cubangirl (I apologize if there...)
Erin!!!!  How wonderful to "see" you!!!  You have been missed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Hi Erin! Nice to see you. Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I don't think any of us are overly excited about the new format, Erin!!

Great to hear from you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hi Erin, hope you like the black beans. Getting ready to make some for Christmas Eve. They are even better after being refrigerated or frozen.
Daphne, the recipe for Sunday Gravy made in the Instant Pot is in the first thread started. Here is a recipe for a quick and easy meat sauce made in the IP.

BASIC MEAT RAGU
By: Laura D.A. Pazzaglia

2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 T. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion -- chopped
1 fresh thyme sprig
1 fresh oregano sprig
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 medium carrot -- chopped
16 ounces ground beef chuck
2 cloves garlic -- crushed
1/3 cup red wine (whatever you are having with dinner)
1 cup chopped or crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/2 cup water (for electric pressure cooker only)

Heat the pressure cooker base on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the olive oil, and heat until the butter has melted. Add the onion, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper and sate, stirring infrequently, until the onion has softened. Stir in the carrot and celery.

Move the contents to the side in the pressure cooker. Add the beef and garlic and stir to break up. Saute, stirring infrequently, until the beef is brown on at least one side and the juices have evaporated, for 5 minutes, or longer if there are a lot of juices. To deglaze the cooker, stir in the red wine and cook until it evaporates completely. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree; add the water, if using.

Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes/stovetop or 18 to 20 minutes/electric (or nonstandard stovetop.) When the time is up,, open the pressure cooker with the normal release method.

Fish out and discard the herb stems. Add the remaining 1 T. butter to the sauce and stir until melted. Serve the sauce over pasta or incorporate in lasagna or a similar recipe.

Variation:
Ragu alla Bolognese

Follow the Basic Meat Ragu recipe, adding 4 oz. chopped bacon ( or smoked pancetta) before sauteing the onion, and replace the chopped tomatoes with 1 cup of meat stock and 4 Tablespoons of tomato paste. After pressure cooking, stir in 1 Tablespoon cream or milk instead of the butter. (I used the 1 T. of butter and a about 1/4 cup of milk)

Source:
"Hip Pressure cooking, Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful"

NOTES : Yields enough sauce for one 1-pound package of pasta. Good with tagliatelle or in lasagna.
Maryann

Have to play with my IP more.... this sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks, Maryann!  The Sunday Gravy must be in the other thread.  But I think I can find it easy enough.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Though not an IP recipe, I plan to use the info in the article below when I do make tomato sauce in IP. marinara
I love Ina! Leave it to her to come up with an idea like this! I will be joining you on this one, Alina. Smile
Maryann

Oh Piddle, I was going to skip this because I haven't really started playing with it yet, but guess I'd better go look! Smile

It'll take me forever to catch up with you two!
www.achefsjourney.com