Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
This recipe popped up today (on Noble Pig's FB I think) and I thought of you immediately Jean because of the jalapenos.

I think I might give this a try (but would probably slow cook in the oven then throw on the grill instead of smoking).  May wait for Superbowl Sunday.

http://heygrillhey.com/recipe/apple-jala...oked-ribs/
Interesting recipes, Trixxee!  

That chowder and fried clams look yummy, Jean!

We had our Tuesday night wing night and enjoyed meeting up with several old friends!  Not to mention the usual crew at Loco's!  Also had the Boom Boom Cauliflower again.....think Bang Bang shrimp, but with cauliflower.  Really tasty!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh wow, these ribs sound so good - and yes, be perfect for Superbowl. By then my smoker ought to be easier to get to - meaning all the snow may be gone, please God!! Smile Thanks for the link, Trixxee
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner - 1/18/17??

What's on the menu for today??

Have no idea yet....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We're heading about 50 minutes north to a larger town and will be doing some shopping (Sam's, Big Lots, Produce Junction).  I've depleted the refrigerator and will be stocking up on vegetables, so probably a veggie and (brown rice) pasta dish when we get back.  I want a candy bar!!!  And a scone...  Wink
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Oh, Vicci, have you seen Snickers new crispie thingee?? Thank God, we 'tested' a smll one..... Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm making dinner for my dad tonight, so comfort food is on the menu. I'm making Billy's Chicken and Dumplings and adding lots of vegetables to it. No goodies though. Just orange slices and jasmine tea for dessert. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryanne - do you ever buy tangelos?  I think they are a cut above regular oranges.  Love them and they are in season now.

Grilling a flat iron steak marinated in fajita type seasonings.  Also making this side dish.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...oes-109459
Yes, I have! Thank you for bringing it up, Trixxee. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
God, I miss my mind!! I knew I'd done this - I have a recipe for beet & feta salad, too but I haven't made it forever!!
Wink Thanks for bringing it up.

[Image: Nov%2020%20Beet%20Salad%20w%20Feta_zpsut7ty2nn.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com