Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Sure hope you aren't without power for very long. Check in when you can.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Doesn't sound like California, does it? Hope you can stay dry, Trixxee

Takes notes and pictures Maryann!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Leftovers from testing my friend’s rum – wonderful leftover dinner from Jamaican chicken and sweet potatoes morphed into patties. Their flavors and just added binding (egg/panko) and fried up. Added a spice to the patties by drizzling Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. My, the flavors are so good.

Wine – part of Roy’s Christmas present: Spanish Red,  Joya del Rio Toro, 2015. Great with the patties and wonderful just as a drinkable wine. And, we also had a 2 Vine Riesling open and it proved to be very good with these flavors, also. But then, what doesn't a Riesling go well with?? Smile
[Image: Jan%2022%20Jamaican%20patties%20plated%2...jup4wd.jpg]

[Image: Jan%2022%20Wine%20for%20Jamaican%20patti...wrtos4.jpg]

One more dinner from the leftovers and then we move on.......................

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Everything looks and sounds so good!

I'm glad you had a good time, Maryann!

I hope all goes well with your weather, Trixxee!  We have bad weather moving in as well!  But hopefully, not going to be as bad as when it hit south of us.

And Jean, no catfish, I'm afraid!  I WISH!

Last night we picked up dinner at Lowes Food.  Tonight, we are staying over at the lake.  We have business in town tomorrow morning.  So William ran to our little grocery store for steak and baked potatoes.  The steaks were okay…what I would expect but not the worst we have had from there.

I'll be glad to be back to civilization tomorrow.  And i have planned a menu and grocery list for next week.  We shall see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
You know, Daphne, eventually your lake house will become your escape from your busy life in town. Wink

I have to go grocery shopping so not exactly sure what we will be having but may pick up some nice steaks at the meat store since it's still warm enough to grill here. One thing that is on the menu for tonight is a vegetable dish that I copied from one of my newsletters but forgot to write down which one.

Anyway, it's a pretty layered veg dish and goes like this. In a round casserole, shingle the following vegetables: eggplant around the edge followed by sliced Roma tomatoes in the next row. Then comes yellow squash and finally zucchini. It's drizzled with olive oil and seasoning and baked in the oven. I will probably sprinkle with some freshly grated Parm and will try to remember to take a pic.

ETA: Interesting use of l/os, Jean. Is that a little piece of sausage in the photo as well. I can't tell but now it's making me want Roberto's sausage and peppers.
Maryann

Maryann, that veggie dish sounds wonderful!  But I can't believe that the grated Parm isn't in the original recipe--that will make it!

It's very windy (30-40mph with 50mph gusts) so I'm staying in.  I thawed the turkey carcass and leftover meat from Thanksgiving and am making turkey soup.  Not sure what's for dinner, but I wish that I had some of Jean's leftover Jamaican chicken to make into patties since I do have brussel sprouts!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
We survived the record rainfall!  ;Wink  We "only" got 2 inches or so but other areas closer to the foothills got 4".  That a lot of rain in one afternoon considering it had been raining almost the whole previous 5-6 days.  Several friends had to pump out water from their pools before it flooded their backyards and homes.

Anywho, we are having leftovers - - nothing to exciting here but thankful for an easy night.  Navy bean and ham soup for us, spaghetti and freezer dived meatballs for the student.
So glad you are okay, Trixxee. We're just watching the evening news now and it looks really bad. Very scary.

I just realized that I had posted tonight's dinner in the wrong thread. Jean always starts the week off with a new one.
Maryann

OH yeah, Roberto's dish - we so love it! No, just a pile of roasted Brussels sprouts.

Please excuse any typing errors this afternoon - my eyes are dilated - consultation on the catarach surgery upcoming. Tongue
www.achefsjourney.com
If you tell us what day you are going in, I will be glad to babysit the forum for you.
Maryann