Cuisinart recall
  Re: Cuisinart recall by Mare749 (I asked this questio...)
I got a confirmation letter from them.  

I did ask Bob if he felt comfortable that I would be able to tell if a blade was in a sauce or ??? I made with it until the replacement arrives.  He said yes.  It's sounding like it could be a while.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Well, it's going to be a while....

February 4, 2017

Dear Customer, 
Thank you so much for your ongoing patience as we work to get replacement blades to all our customers.  At this time, we have received an overwhelming response to the recall notice and have had to place several large orders for additional blades to be able to meet demand.  Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the enormous demand resulting from this replacement program.
In the interim, we want to keep you advised of the status of your Cuisinart replacement blade.  We estimate that your blade could be shipped any time between 2/20/2017-5/8/2017.  
We are doing everything possible to improve the delivery time of your blade. When it is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration.   In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor.
As a token of our gratitude and appreciation of your ongoing patience, please download this interactive recipe book for your use. We put this book together exclusively for those consumers impacted by the recall.
Cuisinart strives to provide you with the best service possible and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via our email address: Cuisinart_Cserve@conair.com
Thank you again for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 
Cuisinart
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
So, we need to voice our complaints again to be invited to receive this 'free special' recipe book?? Sad

OOOPS! Just saw my letter....and then this -

[Image: error_image.jpg]Sorry this page cannot be found.

Dodgy Poor Cuisinart - can't win for losing....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
So the recall site has crashed or shut down?  I still haven't checked mine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I haven't checked again
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It took a few tries to finally pull up the recipe book. It wasn't actually worth the trouble IMHO, but someone else might like it.

Daphne, I don't think the site is down. They may have just been overloaded for some reason.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks Maryann. They must be pulling their hair out over at Cuisinart!!
www.achefsjourney.com
I got my replacement blade Saturday. It came via UPS Sure Post from Conair. I did not get an email from Cuisinart saying it was coming.
one down..............
www.achefsjourney.com
two down!! I rec'd mine today.

I also have a mini-Cuisinart which has a cracked metal blade, but I'm going to wait a few months before contacting them - give them a break
www.achefsjourney.com