DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Maryann, I am LOVING this thing!  William said this was the best chicken salad EVER!  And we are convinced that it has to do with the extra tender chicken cooked in the IP.  Now that I think about it, the chicken for the pastry and chicken salad was done in a pressure cooker back in my grandmother's day.  My mother was never big on the pressure cooker and switched to boiling the chicken.  

I know one thing, this bird was almost impossible to get out of the pot with my limited utensils.  I would have been challenged to get it out at home.  It was that "cooked to the bone"!

I can't wait to see if there is a difference in the stock when I make my pastry tomorrow.  I'm guessing it will be richer.  I'm so glad I made it today.  Plenty of time to do the chicken salad today, and I will be able to easily lift off the fat tomorrow before making the pastry.

Big cooking and cleaning this weekend!  Feeling a lot better about cooking in the camper now!  My confidence is returning.  Now to continue building my pantry.  Although, no more than I cook at home now, a few pantry items are slowly moving to the camper.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
****sigh**** O.K., Daphne - exactly what and how did you do your chicken in the darn thing?? Between the three of you (you, Maryann, & Alina), I may be dragged kicking and screaming into the IP world. Altho, I would never do eggs any other way now. Tongue

Have to say yesterday's Super Bowl was the best game in years - usually they aren't that good. Didn't like the outcome, but........ 

And, now have a favorite new sauce to make - (it could be a great sub for when we run out of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce!)

Sweet Pepper Sauce
a Chef's Journey version

This sauce is to go with  Sweet and Spicy Chicken Bacon Lollipops, but there are so many ways to enjoy it with other goodies.
Feb 5, 2017 - Made these for the Super Bowl. Tasty, but the chicken strips should be a little thinner. The sauce is absolutely wonderful!!! I made 1/2X the recipe.

1 large bell pepper stem and seeds removed
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T  butter
2 tsps. Tony C’s Creole Seasoning)
1/4 tsp. salt

In a blender, pulse the bell pepper, sugar, vinegar, butter, Seasoning, and salt together until the peppers are chopped into small pieces.
Transfer to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.

Original  recipe: http://heygrillhey.com/recipe/sweet-spic...lollipops/

A little messy lookin' but sure was tasty!!
[Image: Feb%205%20Bacon%20Chicken%20Lollipops%20...pzpjzo.jpg]

[Image: Feb%205%20Bacon%20Chicken%20Lollipops%20...mrbuvf.jpg]

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, it was super easy!  I put the chicken in the pot on the rack that came with it, filled the pot with water about an inch below the MAX line....to scared to go all the way, but it probably have been fine.  Added salt an poultry.  That put it at high pressure for 30 minutes.  When the timer went off, hit cancel and let it release pressure naturally.  That took about 20 minutes.  When I lifted it out, I had to be super careful, because it was falling apart!

Tonight I have a broth with more flavor than usual for my pastry for dinner.
Daphne
Thanks Daphne. I think I will try this with stock/broth and Good Sh*t
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Just realized there awas are all kinds of typos in that post. Sorry, I was in a hurry.

I hope you're happy with it, Jean!
Daphne
Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm hoping that happy face is for the chicken and not my further typos!  LOL!
Daphne
(maybe both.....) Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
You're so funny!   Tongue
Daphne