Freezing Canned Tuna Fish

Has anyone successfully frozen canned tuna fish?? I would love to buy 'the good stuff' in a large quantity, but I can't possibly use such large amounts at one time.

I may have to give it a try with the cheap stuff first............... Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Freezing Canned Tuna Fish by cjs (Has anyone successfu...)
Yes you can. As with everything else, the more air you get out of the bag, the better it will keep. You did not state where it was packed with oil or water. I never use the water stuff, but I'd drain it well before putting it in the bag. With oil, the oil with solidify as it does in the fridge. I like my tuna cold, so I always have a can of tuna in olive oil in the fridge. See this article for how to freeze canned tuna . What kind are you getting in bulk?
I love the real Italian (?) products packed in oil. But, it's so expensive, I wan to buy it in bulk.
I would seal it in my FoodSaver of course, for protection.

thanks Alina.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, obviously out of the tin. BTW, some of the Spanish ones are really good as well.
That's the whole purpose - to open the tin and portion out. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I would love to know where you find it in bulk. I love the good stuff, too, but only buy small tins of it once in a while. What a great idea to portion and freeze larger amounts.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I found a great product at Costco, but can't remember the exact number of oz. I didn't want to waste any.. I'll let you know, Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com