DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thanks, Jean!  Yes, this is very similar to the Orange Glazed Salmon.

I need to add butternut squash to my grilled veggie mix.  

We are headed to the lake later today, so it will probably be a sandwich from the deli or something along those lines.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Printing out the salmon recipe, sounds fantastic.

We are grilling a tri tip with some sort of dry rub that Tony will do.  Roasted sweet potatoes (yams actually) and an iceberg salad.  Might go all out on the salad with croutons and frizzled proscuitto.  Wink
Breakfast leftovers - Wow! Good, even heated in the microwave. Smile Smile  I won't have to eat again today, I don't think!! 
[Image: Apr%2014%20l.o.%20cod%20w%20blood%20oran...435t1d.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That looks delicious, Jean. Did you deep fry or pan fry the cod? We prefer deep fry, but don't always feel like using the fryer.

I have cooking/baking to do today, so Ron will take care of dinner. He is going to the butcher for a nice steak to put on the grill. We will have a caesar salad to go with and possibly some more corn. Have no idea where it came from but was really good grilled.

Trixxee, this is day 2 of lower carb for me. You have been such an inspiration! Any meal ideas you have would be greatly appreciated. I'm really going to give it a chance this time because I know I will feel better. My only concession will be to allow myself one slice of Easter bread tomorrow. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Kind of half-a$$ deep fried - I poured a little too much oil in my cast iron skillet, so thought what the heck - so it is almost deep fried. Smile Beautiful crust.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
You will feel better MA!  

A couple of favorite breakfasts or lunches are:
1.  1/2 Orowheat double fiber english muffin topped with smashed avocado and a scrambled egg.
2.  Thin bone in pork chop sauteed  topped with a fried egg.
3.  Shake with protein powder, peanut butter powder, banana, almond milk, ice.

In general though, just leave out some of the side dishes - rice, potatoes, garlic bread, etc.   Focus on lean protein, vegetables, fruit, healthy fat.  We eat a lot of yams - a lot less carbs than any white potatoes.

I also drink a lot of Lipton's decaf green tea and add fresh lemon juice, a squeeze of honey, and a tsp of apple cider vinegar.  I drink it down real fast, luke warm.  Something about that combo is supposed to help with weight loss.

For lunch today Tony is picking up "subs in a tub" from Jersey Mikes.  Sandwich ingredients but no bread.
Made a adaptation of an N. African stew with B.nut squash, garbanzos and lots of spices over couscous. (low carb - could always serve it over quinoa :Smile

[Image: Apr%2015%20B.Nut%20Sq.%20Couscous%20stew...jasduz.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
So kinda like a super meaty chef salad!  Cool!

Good luck Maryann!  I've cut way back, but not nearly as strict as Trixxee, though.

We've had a change of plans.  William worked all day, so he's taking a nap.  We will just get up super early tomorrow to ride in to church.  We'll stop off at the house to check on things and pick up a few items afterward before heading back.

That said, I had to scramble to come up with dinner plans.  I went to the store for chicken breasts, but all they had were boneless/skinless.  Then I saw turkey tenderloins on sale.  They are in an Asian marinade that I whipped up with what was on hand.  I saved some to glaze it as it cooks.  I picked up a couple peppers to go with my sweet onion.  I got a couple yellow squash, and I just had to get some more mushrooms, too.  Dessert is fresh grilled pineapple.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sounds like a delicious dinner, Daphne! William is lucky that you are so flexible. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Trixxee, those are some great meal ideas.  Thank you! I know it will all come back to me eventually. It's been a number of years since I did lower carb, but it did work and I didn't even do it as strict as the Atkins diet.  Have you tried making that "cloud bread" that is suppose to be a decent substitute for a bun?

I remember enjoying cauliflower crust pizza a lot.  Even Ron liked it. So, I'll have to make that again.  I make a lot of vegetable omelets, too.

Jean, I always did my best frying in my cast iron skillet, especially chicken. Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Easter Sunday Dinner, 4/16/17??

Happy Easter, everyone! What's for dinner - I bet a lot of deviled eggs and/or potato salad.

I'm thawing a steak out, but that's as far as I've gotten.
www.achefsjourney.com