DINNER THREAD, 4/24/17 - 4/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 4/24/17 - 4/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Anxious to hear how you like the Cloud bread, Maryann. As I mentioned earlier, mine held up in a light sandwich (but mine was 'over' toasted - read almost burned Smile ) while Roy's didn't and he had to use a fork.

A Caesar sounds good - I can't remember the last time I made one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/28/17??

Good Morning and what's for dinner today? 

I had enough of the wings and cauliflower salad left for dinner today, so can't get much easier than this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have not tried any of the low carb wraps - yet!  I'll have to look up cloud bread.

Not sure what we are having, but I have pork chops, ground beef, cauliflower, sweet potatoes (yams actually) that all need using.    Perhaps a pork chop topped with a fried egg for lunch and then the other stuff for dinner.

Jean, I don't think I ever answered your Derby question.  It is next Saturday.  There is a lot of good racing on Friday as well - especially the KY Oaks (for the fillies).

Daphne-  you have to try the cauliflower salad.  It's a must.
What a fun 'mystery' bag you have to work with Trixxee!! Thanks for the info on the races. I'll make a note. And, good luck to you on your choices. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
The cloud bread is a winner. It was still very light and fluffy, but held up just fine for my fish sandwich, which is what we had tonight with coleslaw on the side. Ron put some fries in the fryer for himself. I was perfectly happy with the cloud bread and this will be my go-to when I'm craving a real sandwich and not just something wrapped in a lettuce leaf. Wink I'm looking forward to making an egg and sausage sandwich in the morning with it. I did give it 2 minutes in the toaster oven and possibly could have gone 3 without burning it.

Regarding the low carb wraps. I did buy them once (Giant Eagle brand) and didn't think they were too bad, so will be trying them again.

Had a nice lunch out today. Took my dad to the greenhouse to see the Easter flower display, and then over to Chinatown for lunch to one of our favorite spots. They made me up a really nice steamed fish with stir-fried vegetables dish. I love that about Chinese restaurants. Many times they are perfectly happy to improvise. It was delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks for the update on the derby, Trixxee.

I finally talked William into splitting an entree today, and we walked away with a small bill and perfectly satisfied.  Tonight is steak night with the rest of the Caesar Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Makes a big difference, doesn't it, Daphne?? Smile Unless I deliberately want leftovers, that's the way we go - or with appies.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 4/29/17??

What's for dinner?? 

I'm doing a sous vide salmon with a cauliflower puree and B.B. Fiesta salad
www.achefsjourney.com
We also share entrees when the appetizer menu is calling our name. Sometimes we just order apps and a salad. Even Ron can't eat like he used to, and even if he could, he would end up regretting it later. So, why aren't we both skinny little people? Big Grin

Speaking of eating out, we are going out with two other couples tonight to a fun "bistro" type of place. Hope I can stick with low carb appys and stay out of the garlic bread!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Have fun, Maryann!

Went to check on dinner earlier when I took my two pans of potato salad and deviled eggs to the picnic area.  Looking good!

[Image: IMG_0763.jpg]

Michael was a little put out.  The butcher removed the head before Michael could stop him.  But it went on the grill shortly after this picture was taken.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.