DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I couldn't find Michael's picture!! Sad

Wow - Finally!! Put grill together and sat outside and enjoyed first grill of the year....at the end of May for God's sake!!!! But, it was worth it. Nothing fancy, just old-fashioned BBQ chicken, fries and artichoke (17 min. too long in IP, too, so next time 10 min. Blush )

[Image: May%2021%20BBQ%20Chicken%20artichoke%20f...fdgavc.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Last night I got a Bertolli frozen pasta dinner with chcken and broccoli.  We had two long days of driving, little sleep, and a 7 am wake up time so we could get the puppy early and get home as soon as possible.  I needed something easy.

Tonight we had burgers and a baked potato.  

BTW, our baby is so smart!  I have already figured out that when she starts chewing on body parts....ours, she needs to go out.  LOL! After two accidents on the patio, I started taking her to the grass before putting her down.  She is now going to do her business in the grass all by herself!  AND she is already fetching!  Not consistently, but almost!

I'll let you guys in on a little secret!  We finally picked a name!  We were tossing around names this afternoon, and I threw out Tilly at random.  William jumped on it.  He wears a Tilly hat most of the time.  (If you are not familiar, look it up.  They are great hats!). Anyway, I wasn't sold at first, but then I got to thinking.  I wanted something personal and unique.  Check!  Then I wanted something that would signify her as the office mascot.  Tide Water Tilly had a nice ring to it.  Stay tuned for a photo announcement on FB! Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Love the name, Daphne! Smile Now, we will be expecting daily puppy pics for a while, you know. So, where does Tilly sleep? Big Grin

We had bucket of rain today, so no Asian Fest. We met our friends for dinner at a local place close to home, Fast Eddie's. I had a wonderful shredded brussels sprout salad topped with chicken, almonds, dates, shaved Parm, and a very nice light dressing. Ron had a wonderful huge meatloaf sandwich on toasted brioche, with melted cheddar, and bourbon bbq sauce. I had a little bite. Died and went to heaven good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
That is a cute name! Maryann, the food sounds very tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
(05-21-2017, 07:45 PM)cjs Wrote: I couldn't find Michael's picture!! Sad

Wow - Finally!! Put grill together and sat outside and enjoyed first grill of the year....at the end of May for God's sake!!!! But, it was worth it. Nothing fancy, just old-fashioned BBQ chicken, fries and artichoke (17 min. too long in IP, too, so next time 10 min. Blush )

[Image: May%2021%20BBQ%20Chicken%20artichoke%20f...fdgavc.jpg]

Jean - I sent you a couple of pictures of Michael through FB messaging.   And accidentally sent a picture of apricot chicken.  LOL.
Thanks! I'll go look.

Oh, Trixxee what a handsome cutie he is!!! Is he tall?  Gave me goose bumps, seeing how he has grown up and you both have done so well with him and should be so proud!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Thank you Jean!  Yes, he is tall - 6'2".  He is officially the tallest person in my extended my family but he has two cousins that are pretty close.

I think he was 8 years old when I joined this group.  I know every parent under the sun says this but I cannot believe where the time has gone.

And yes, we are very proud of him, especially  considering his Asperger's Syndrome!  3.92 GPA and has only missed 4 days of school his whole high school career and has had perfect attendance the last two years.  I'm sorry, I'm bragging but we am so incredibly proud.

Being me, I am worried about the next transition to college but I shouldn't be.  Need to have faith - things have worked out pretty good so far!
Please do not feel sorry for bragging.  I'm sitting here with tears of joy running down my face!  We have been following Michael's progress since he was 8!  We read every single thing you share with us and on top of that, I share those things with my daughter who wishes that all of the parents of her students took as much of an interest in their child as you do.  

We love hearing about Michael's progress, so please keep sharing! And a 3.9 GPA is certainly something to be proud of!   Heart

Dinner tonight was a rushed turkey sandwich and a salad.  Alyssa had a band concert and Ron made it home just in time.  She hates the trumpet and doesn't want to be in band next year, but we were really impressed with how well they did.  We're trying to encourage her to try a different instrument. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh Trixxee, I so agree with Maryann - we've loved hearing about Michael over the years and as an empty nester, I miss having them all around to make our lives complete, so l live vicariously thru you all.

Even the musical concerts where probably 1/2 the kids don't even like the instruments they are playing............ Rolleyes
www.achefsjourney.com
You guys are so awesome!  I'm a crying mess these days, I guess it comes with unchartered territory (high school graduation, starting college).