DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Yes, he is, Daphne. Puppy bonding continues.... Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by Mare749 (You know, I haven't ...)
Oooooh I like that idea! Costco doesn't have it yet, at least here. Anyone who goes to Costco on Sunday is out of their freaking mind.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by Mare749 (You know, I haven't ...)
Oooooh I like that idea!  Costco doesn't have it yet, at least here.  If the did I'd be all over that.  

Anyone who goes to Costco on Sunday is out of their freaking mind.  Every family in town leaves church and heads for Costco to shop, eat lunch at all the little food stands while gawking at the Vitamix demonstration.  If they meet up with an old friend a reunion ensues in the middle of the aisle, carts side by side and the whole family clustered around the carts and the children eventually wander off to poke holes in meat packages, sit on pallets of merchandise playing games on their phones.   The lines are halfway to the back of the store and crossing from one side of the store to the other is almost impossible until you get to the Vitamix display - it's a traffic stopper and you can scoot right by the audience.  Worst of all . . . . there wasn't a single chicken on the hot stand!  By the time we got out of there we wanted to head home (it's an hour and a half ride), but we had to head to Cash & Carry for a mop for the restaurant and a couple things for us.  

We wound up with the meatball subs.  I baked the meatballs in the pizza oven on the grill and they were wonderful!  Quick too.
That sounds like a nightmare, Sharon. Whenever possible, I avoid Costco, etc. on weekends, especially around any holiday.

Daphne, when are we going to see some puppy pix? Did I tell you about my new grandpuppy? (now a year old) Ripley is a lively beagle who loves to chew and has already done his fair share of damage around Holly's house. He is finally less destructive, but during one of his worst moments, he chewed a hole in the wall in their kitchen and actually ate the plaster! Then, thought it was so much fun that he kept tearing at it until it was about a foot across.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I swear I hate to dislike dogs, BUT the worst dog I ever had and could never quite get to love him, was 'Bernie' our Beagle.... never bonded with that little hurricane.

I love Costco - we just make sure we go off hours.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
If, and that's a big IF I ever go to Costco on a weekend again, it'll have to be right when they open.  Way too crazy and crowded.   We had to stop for fish tacos and a glass of wine afterwards to recuperate.  LOL!
OMG, Maryann! I hope Tilley doesn't get THAT bad! This morning, I gave in and let William use the fly swatter on her when she had an attack moment with me. He said the last straw was early morning with me buried under the cover whispering that I felt like I was at Jurassic Park! LOL!

Just added two new pics to FB!  LOL!  I think she may be more photogenic than Cricket.  She will actually look at you for the picture.  Cricket would always turn her head.  LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh well, that's hard to take, Trixxee. Tongue
www.achefsjourney.com
Daphne, is Tilly getting enough exercise? Puppies have a crazy amount of energy. Wink Are you able to take Tilly to work with you?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Yes, she does go to work with me every day.  We have a little "back yard" she gets to explore in several times a day.  And we try to take her into the park just behind the camper in the afternoons when we can.

I know it's controversial, but our dogs have always eaten what we eat.  Cricket was healthy as a horse until this genetic health issue came about....as was our Lab before her, Tarbaby.  So we started giving her a little people food Sunday.  No stomach issues at all.  I'm sure Jean would agree, Labs have a cast iron stomach!  Anyway, this morning she wouldn't eat much of her dog food breakfast, and around lunch time she went crazy!  So I went and got her a double cheese burger from Hardee's, and she ate the whole thing, including the pickles!  She was an angel for the rest of the day.

So you won't think we are completely crazy, we had her at the vet yesterday, and Dr. Jim was glad we were introducing people food.  He said the dogs he has seen over the years that ate a human diet outlived others of their breed who didn't.  And he has always fed his dogs a human diet.  She has gained 5 pounds in 3 weeks and is still pretty skinny.  Dr. Jim said she was healthy and growing fast!  I think she's just been hungry!!!   She goes back to see Dr. Jim in two weeks.  We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.