DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/29/17 - 6/4/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I don't think you are crazy at all. There are so many pet food recalls that it's scary trying to pick a dog food these days. And, it's not just the bargain brands either. The only reason Charlie doesn't eat what we eat is because it's been burned into my brain that dog food contains all the nutrients that are important to dogs. That, and he has always had kind of a sensitive stomach for some reason. The food that I give him now is locally made so I feel a little better about that and he does like it. But, when he is occasionally not feeling well, there is nothing that makes him happier than a scrambled egg, a piece of toast, or some rice made with chicken broth. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Once a week, faithfully, my mom would cook up a batch of burger and rice for her little French Bulldog, Duchess, happy camper was she. Smile And, yes - cast iron stomachs Labs do have. geez. The things Herc would eat!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Awww, poor Charlie!  You're a good mommy fixing comfort food for him when he doesn't feel good!

LOL!  Jean, you'll love this!  Monday, Jim said the only Lab he ever had to give away would eat anything!  He said the dog chewed up the handle of a shovel one time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
And, Herc ate the gaskets from my motorcycle! What a puppy he was - he helped me raise the kids and after 30+ years I still miss him!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com