DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Oh CRAP!! I missed him!! Did he win the big one. darn it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 6/11/17??

What's for dinner this sunny day?? 

I have a couple meats I can grill, so I'll hold the pizza using the Asian pork until tomorrow. 

We love this Asian Pork - hope the recipe/idea doesn't get lost for another 5 years!!!
[Image: Jun%2010%20Asian%20Pork%20w%20Couscous_zps6nsywuyq.jpg]

I used the Sous Vide on the pork and it was probably one of the moist and tender tenderloin I've made! (Maryann, we both made this about 5 years ago) - and the sauce drizzled over the couscous was wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yum!  That looks delicious, Jean.  I'm going to go look up the recipe right now.  

We found 3 "mature" tomato plants yesterday at the nursery, all had blossoms and one even has a tomato on it.  So, they will be going in the ground today!  I'm so excited.  

We will probably do a beer can chicken on the grill today so we have l/os for lunches.  We have been doing that a lot more in recent years instead of buying lunchmeat.  Since I pack Ron's lunch every day for him, it gives him more of a variety.

Ron said he misses potato salad, so I'm going to make "Roasted Red Bliss" potato salad but cut the recipe in half, since the whole recipe is more than even he can eat in a few days.  Cool  I bought some fresh veggies to put on the grill with a sprinkling of Tony C's.

Jean, I just went to look up the recipe and I have two in the Cuisine folder. Is it the one for pork satay with sticky rice or the one with noodle salad?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Jean that looks amazing!  I absolutely love how sous vide makes any protein so moist and juicy.  I did the chicken breasts for last night's Mochiko chicken in the sous vide to rare and then continued the recipe in and flash fried the pieces.  Awesome.

Tonight is going to be nice (I hope) so we'll put the skirt steak in the sous vide, I'm hoping to get cheesecakes in sous vide for dessert.  We have some gardening to do today but I also have a full day in the kitchen planned.  I envision sitting outside this evening with a glass of wine and enjoying the company of friends.  I'd like to roast the bone marrow in the pizza oven for a first course.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I have a pkg. of bone marrow in the freezer - forgot about it. hmmmmm
www.achefsjourney.com
That's funny, Jean, I went with that Asian Pork recipe, also!  

Maryann, the one I'm using is from issue 22 with the noodle salad.  Although, I'm choosing to do a take on the Ramen dish we like instead for the side.  I got broccoli slaw mix and adding onion to the stir fry. I'm also using chicken thighs instead of pork.  I did it that way before with good results.

Sharon, your sous vide dishes are slowly but surely winning me over.  The big thing for me is I don't need slow unless I can put it on in the morning, come home and have a glass of wine and relax, then eat.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I think mine is the one from C@H that I reworked a long time ago, Daphne. And, it sure made a great pizza!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
My whole plan went out the window!  OH, wait!  Flexibility is my middle name!  I hate the tiny kitchen I have.  I got the chocolate cheesecakes done, and have the dulce de leche to go on top with some pink salt.   Then I got the tortellini salad made for the pot luck tomorrow afternoon, all it needs now are the fresh herbs on top!  

Realizing at 10 am that the skirt steak was going to require 8 - 10 hours sous vide . . . I'll get it in the bucket in the am so it's done in time for dinner.  Bone marrow will be another night's indulgence.  Tonight will be using the bit of leftover short rib ragu with more sauce, some mushrooms, and blistered tomatoes to go on some pasta.  Sides????  No clue.
Chocolate cheesecake, oh my! I don't crave sweets very often, but once in a while something sounds really good. Like that!

It's a good thing you are flexible, Sharon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I have to be Maryann.  Things never go smoothly around here.  

The cheesecake called for milk chocolate and white chocolate.  I wanted to pair it with the salted caramel so went with dark chocolate and let it be the star.  I'm in love with cheesecake in the Anova.  They are so easy, and cute in their little jars.  I think I am going to revisit my blue cheese cheesecake, the little jars would be the perfect size for an appetizer!