Father's Day Plans???
  Re: Father's Day Plans??? by cjs ([size=small]It's alm...)
That's funny, Jean!  That is dinner tonight, but not gormet dogs.  I figured after tomorrow's big lunch, we wouldn't need a big dinner, so this will give us leftovers for tomorrow night.  And that gives me the day off, too!

Sharon, you are really wearing me down....especially with the heat of summer beginning to bear down on us. Not baby sitting the grill in the heat and not heating up the camper are arguments that are starting to wear me down. AND Ashley signed on for Amazon Prime a few months ago. I'm weakening. How long is that preorder available?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I am such an Amazon Prime baby!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Daphne, don't know if this will help or not. When we had our trailer in Pa. for 10 years, I was always looking for simple methods, especially in hot weather. The slow cooker was so handy on days when we were going to be out and about all day. I would just fill it up with whatever we had a taste for and plug it into an outlet that was outside the trailer that ran to my picnic table. I could leave it on the table all day and not worry about it.

There are so many recipes out there now that you can just dump 4 or 5 ingredients in the pot. Any meat or poultry that you put in it will be moist and tender and even though it won't be browned, you can always make sandwiches, burritos, or put it over a salad or pasta.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Good reminder, Maryann!  I'm just wondering if the Anova would give me more versatility?
Daphne
Maybe not versatility, but they certainly can save you lots of time. I guess that's why I don't use mine as much as I would have a few years ago when working - I'm in no hurry! Smile

And, no dirty pans/skillets!!! For the trailer, I think that would be the best! I haven't had our trailer out since I have had the Anova, but I'm for sure going to find a spot in the camper trailer for a container large enough to at least do small things. Hands off cooking and things which are sous vide(d?) can be held for quite a while after the cooking time, which makes it nice.

Just hard to say whether these conveniences make up for the space you need to find for a sous vide container.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, on to Father's Day - and yup....it's raining again. There has always been a joke ( Dodgy  ?) about web feet developing in the Northwest! Well this year, I think we will all have developed them. Past the middle of June and we haven't had weather above 73° YET!  Aaaarrghhh.  But, Roy will get his haute dog
www.achefsjourney.com
Wish I could say it's only 73 here! Been in the 90's and humid all week.

Jean, you make a good point about easy clean-up with the Anova. Had not thought of that. Although, with the slow cooker, I think they make liners that you can use. I've never used them, but Holly does all the time.

Daphne, I think you need both items for your camper. Maybe not at the same time. Wink

My father-in-law wants pizza today, so no bbq. I made a salad this morning and we will pick up take-out pizza on the way. Easy peasy.
Maryann

I'll take the 90s - even with the humidity. I can always get another wading pool to sit in....now, that's quite a visual, isn't it?? Rolleyes Cool

Hope all the Dad's out there have a wonderful day - Mr. Bill and Mr. Blaine should be checking in one of these days, so you two have a great day, also!!!! William, Tony and Ron, & Roy - you all deserve great big hugs. Heart
www.achefsjourney.com
Best wishes to all the dads in our lives!

Jean that IS quite a visual!  Come to think of it, we were going to get one of those small plastic pools for Tilley, but now I'm thinking I may want to go with the larger version so I can get in there with her!
Daphne
Ron just went to walmart. I told him to come home with a kiddie pool. Big Grin
Maryann