Father's Day Plans???
  Re: Father's Day Plans??? by cjs ([size=small]It's alm...)
I've had them at every house we've had (for us!) that hasn't had the river or a pool. Smile They're fun
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tracie got Roy a box of popcorn (10 different varieties!!) - so I see some popcorn bread in our future. I think I only made it once (~2009??) and it was a pain, but pretty good flavored bread. May play with again.

I have a heck of a time logging into Photobucket when I get knocked off, so can't post a picture of Roy's Coney Island Haute Dog from yesterday.... Wow, was he in love!!!

Smoked Sausage
Coney Island sauce (this is really tasty!)
Sauerkraut
chopped onion
hot dog mustard
on a Spinach Wrap - he doesn't care for hot dog buns

Died and gone to heaven!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I remember making popcorn bread also and liking it. Why was it a pain to make? I just put the popped corn into my food processor and whirled it up before adding it to the other ingredients.

Uh oh. Now I'm wondering if I did it wrong?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I seem to remember popcorn 'electrically' (a word?) all over the place. I might be over stating Wink 

Forgot to mention - I had 1/2 can of refried beans open so I added them to a small batch of baked beans and I think these are the tastiest beans I've made. Added a creaminess and cut the sweetness baked beans can sometimes have. I'll certainly do this again.  Interesting.
www.achefsjourney.com
I love that idea, Jean. We did something similar in one of our review dinners with re-fried beans and I loved it. Now I don't want them any other way.
Maryann

Oh, I made the popcorn bread many times and LOVED it!  If I remember correctly, the dough was super silky and made a really tender bread.

Jean, I'll have to try your refried beans idea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I hope I get to it today - I grabbed the bags of "Honey Mustard" and "Sun Dried Tomato Basil" popcorn - if I make a full batch of the bread, I'll have to use both of them. hmmm, sounds kinda good. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Those flavors sound great....especially the tomato basil!  I hadn't thought about flavored pre popped popcorn!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well, today got away from me, but come hell or high water, tomorrow............. Smile

Photobucket is acting up again, and darn it, we had a really tasty BBQ Rib pizza today for dinner! Sad
www.achefsjourney.com
I am getting so annoyed with Photobucket. It takes forever just to upload a few photos. Wish I could remember the site that Labs recommended.
Maryann