DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
You're right - kind of eye-balled the amounts. I'm going to do them again and freeze for later use, so I think I'll do some measuring....never know what'll end up in a book. Smile

off to check f.b. Smile You both had fun, huh?? Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by Mare749 (Jean, that salisbury...)
I went down to the freezer looking for dinner . . . got some chicken thighs for a sous vide tagine, grabbed some pork chops for ????? Dinner was Pasta a la Amatricana with home made pasta and zucchini with an herb/cheese/breadcrumb topping. My favorite pasta recipe. But OMG - the leftovers . . . so I've still got chicken and pork chops for the next two days. Sigh
Maryann, I saw the pictures!  How adoreable!  And my favorites!  Hydrangea!!!  And the blue/purple ones are my favorite color!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thank you, Daphne!  It was the best kind of afternoon. Smile

Sharon, what kind of flour are you using for your pasta? Is it the 00 from Italy? Or, are you using semolina?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We love the Radish soup, Maryann!!! Had it for our later 'snack' and just hit the spot. I did go off the track a tad, I had one lonely bok choy in the fridge, so lopped the top off and added it along with the radish tops. Don't know if enough to change much flavor, tho. Certainly is a repeat!! thanks for posting/finding this one.

Abby just did an exceptional job on her cupcakes - Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 7/27/17??

What's for dinner??

I have l/os of both the Spam Primavera and the Radish soup - so easy eatin' around here today. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann I used Semolina from Italy (Amazon.com) and my Canadian AP unbleached.  The pasta was amazing!  Even I pigged out!  I ordered more 00 along with the semolina since Walmart quit carrying it.  The instruction book says that with 00 you have to use an egg.  I just used water alone with this batch.  I love this toy.

The Amatriciana sauce is so quick and easy - and so good. We could have had another 4 people for dinner - left overs!

Those cupcakes are beautiful.  They made my mouth water.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]T...)
I have been craving pork chops. They have been cooked sous vide and frozen so all I have to do is warm them up and sear them. Brussels sprouts, and maybe some butternut squash.
When I run out of ideas I stalk my friend Joanna's Pinterest page.

Found this to make.  Green beans on the side and might splurge on some rice a roni pilaf (yes, that is a splurge carb wise!).

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/268949408978801532/
I love Joanna's pinterest page.  Lots of great recipes there.  Wink

Thanks for the info Sharon.  Your new toy sounds like fun and much easier than my old pasta extruder.  

Jean, I'm so glad you liked the radish soup!  Isn't that fun?  I think that the method would work well for just about any green and it's such a nice soup. Did you eat it warm or chilled?  I prefer it warmed, but did have it at room temp. for lunch and that was nice, too.

Tonight I decided to have family dinner since everyone can make it.  So, the other day I made pork rib meat sauce to go over spaghetti with meatballs and oven roasted veggies, which I seem to enjoy more than a salad when we have pasta.  That will be a mix of yellow squash, zucchini, red onion, and baby bells, sprinkled with Tony C's and olive oil.  I always try to remember to put aside a dish of them for tomorrow's lunch on a pita.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."