DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Daphne, how are you liking the Instant Pot? I still use mine at least once a week, sometimes more.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
SATURDAY'S DINNER, 8/5/17??

What's on the menu for today?

My laptop was hacked yesterday (why a Friday, Lord??) and is in the hospital. He is open on Sundays, tho, so might get it back tomorrow. Till then, it's my iPad and I'm sure not proficient on it!! Sad

We're having l/o Minestrone and a grilled cheese.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, what made you realize that you had been hacked? My laptop has been acting strange lately.

I made a cherry chip cake this morning to take to the in-laws when we visit today. We will probably stop at Nikos, one of our favorite places on the way home. They make the best gyros.
Maryann

Oh, it was very obvious - a voice came on warning me if I turned off or didn't call 'this' number, it would be the end of my computer. It turned out to be one of those hijacking/ransom thing we've all heard about!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 8/6/17??

What's for dinner today?

Twice baked potatoes here.
www.achefsjourney.com
Ron put a pork shoulder in the smoker so pulled pork sandwiches are on the menu.
Maryann

Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17 by cjs (What a bummer for Bo...)
Not yet Jean. Still looking around though.
Ohhh, that sounds good
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann, I still love my instant pot.  My roast beef was perfect inside an hour and a half...start to finish.  I don't miss the aromas all day since I'm not here, but I still get the lovely aromas that linger way into the evening.

Jean, that is really scary!  I've not heard of that kind of hack, but it sure does sound invasive!

Last night we had steak night with London Broil.  There weren't any steaks on sale and paying over $17/lb. was just way more than I was willing to pay.  The London Broil was on sale for less than $5/lb.

Our fridge has been working at half power for a couple of months, but the freezer was still working fine.  So I have been making it work.  Today, I found out why William has been putting off replacing it.  We woke up to thawing frozen food.  We had to take the doors off to get it out...and even then it was a tight squeeze!  We had to bully the manager at Lowe's to purchase the floor model of the fridge we needed.  Got home and there were a couple new blemishes that were not there on the floor at the store.  It was all I could do to stop William from going back and raising he11!

Anyway, after all that and cleaning out all the containers I disposed prepared food that I had to throw out, I just picked up a frozen lasagna for dinner.  But that's okay, the camper is cleaned up and has a new fridge.  So now that I have more confidence in cooking in here and a full functioning fridge, I hope to start meal planning again.  Fingers crossed.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
What a pain, Daphne! Glad you're 'up & running' again.
www.achefsjourney.com