DINNER THREAD - 9/12 - 9/17/17
Star    
Tuesday's Dinner, 9/12/17??

(just one day off this week - we'll start with Tuesday. [Image: smile.png]  ) What's for dinner today??  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 9/12 - 9/17/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=large]Tu...)
Making a Cuisine recipe tonight, Asian Pork Satays with Sticky Rice. My notes say that I first made this in 2012 and also that I used a lot less hot chili garlic sauce than what is called for.

Also making cupcakes to take to my in-laws tonight. Hoping to get Abby to decorate them for me on the way.

Jean, I can't seem to remember if I told you about the two carriers that I bought for Abby from amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Bakelicious-73901...ke+carrier
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh - those are great. Have not seen them before. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Trixxee, you've created a monster with the Machaca dish. Roy just loves it. Today I fixed him a big burrito with just the Machaca, taco sauce and more cheese that I usually add to burritos (mozz, cheddar & jack) - Just cheesy, beefy goodness!! Thanks for steering me in that direction.
www.achefsjourney.com
Glad you guys like machaca!  We've just been eating odds and ends, nothing very exciting.
Wednesday's Dinner - 9/13/17??

What's on the menu for today??
www.achefsjourney.com
After days of odd dinners and schedule interruptions, I am cooking!  

Asian Braised Pork Roast (browned off Monday and refrigerated, bagged with the cooking broth ingredients and dropped in the sous vide bucket this morning, Basmati rice, quick pickled Shishito Peppers, sliced cucumber on the side and a fried egg on top.  We have been drooling while thinking about this for a week or so.  

(Tuesday night we had a celebration evening spent on the phone with our future employer, Chad & Jeff!  Alcohol and pork rinds for dinner while we watched the Hurricane Relief 'Concert')  Dinners are going to be whacky for a while - freezer diving and getting ready to move the RV and all of our crap to the beach!  It should be fun!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Chad has a new place?? Where, what, how????
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 9/14/17??

What's for dinner today??
www.achefsjourney.com
I think I needed more punctuation in that sentence.  We had a lovely conversation with our new "employers", and Chad & Jeff.   Chad is still working at a golf course in Gig Harbor, hand mowing greens.  He's also getting a new lawn care business going.  

I'll start a new thread for this.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!