DINNER THREAD, 9/18 - 9/24/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 9/18 - 9/24/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thank you MA.  You know, I think it's become a "real" way of life.  I've lost 32 pounds and Tony has lost 31.  

And 2 weeks ago I decided I have an issue with alcohol so neither one of us has had a single glass of wine or anything else in two weeks.  I know, that seems like no big deal - 2 weeks.  But believe me, it has been challenging.   I like my wine.  Sad
You have more gumption than I Trixxee!!!! Smile Good on you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Same here, Jean. My gumption got up and left! But, it is time for me to set some new goals, that's for sure.

You are still my inspiration, T! Congrats on the weight loss and also on the break from wine. That's a tough one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks ladies.  Now where's my mimosa?  Wink
And as far as weight loss goes, in my younger years I used to start a diet right about this time of year in anticipation of all the extra treats around the holidays.  That way I was not too far behind the 8 ball come Jan. 1.  Those were also the years where if I skipped dinner I lost 2 pounds overnight.  Oh to be young again!
Sunday's Dinner - 9/24/17??

What's for dinner?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We have some l/o corned beef to use, so thinking of doing the reuben pizza. Cool

So, Ron didn't want the pizza tonight, preferring to pick at the corned beef for lunch today. So for tonight, I have this in the oven baking right now. Looks fantastic.

https://www.healthination.com/food/this-...rce=fbpaid
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Since we are stuck in this motel room and not wanting to drive the van anymore than necessary we picked up some frozen entrees all Asian and gluten free.  

I wish I'd made contingency plans and packed for 2 nights including more food.  All I brought was hummus and pumpkin crackers for the pot luck we skipped.  I have to laugh - all the "ladies" at the shelter told us how great the on site restaurant's Sunday brunch was - they are not to be trusted as food critics.  

I can't wait to get home to my kitchen!  BTW, Jean we are now crossing our fingers for a spot at Lake Cushman!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!