PIZZA DOUGH HELP!!
Tongue    
Funny coming from me??? Since my motor skills are not what they once were, I'm destined to make my dough in the Cuisinart instead of by hand now. And, because my K.A. is so heavy (plus no place in this 'cabin' kitchen to leave it out) - please don't suggest using it.

Have any of  you made pizza dough in the Cuisinart?? I think I did at least a hundred years but can't remember squat about it. Anybody help me out. Roy is all out of dough and will be whining soon.

thanks
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: PIZZA DOUGH HELP!! by cjs ([size=small]Funny co...)
I think that I did try it one time and don't know why I haven't done it since. First got the idea of Cis, I think. Do you have any directions for doing this?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Yes, Jean!  I used to do bread and pizza dough in the Cuisinart.  You can't make as big a batch as you can in the KA, but it makes a good dough quick.  Put your dry in first and start it with pulses then let it run until the dough comes together well.  I think I've even made your dough from Pizza, Pizza, Pizza in it.  If you have the plastic "dough" blade, use that.  Otherwise, the steel blade will work.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I didn't know they had a plastic blade! Going to look that up!
Maryann

JUst curious if any of my doughs worked best in the Cuisinart. Guess I'll just play - I think I know where the plastic blade is....
thanks all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I was curious about the plastic blade since I don't have one. Seems that some people think it's not necessary to have one, that the metal blade works fine. So, I'll probably pass on getting one.

Jean, I had to really think about it, but I do remember making your bread dough pizza recipe in the FP and it turned out fine. No idea why I didn't continue doing it that way.

Now I want to go try it again!
Maryann

think that's the one I'll try also, Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com
This is weird! I have pizza dough on it's second rise right now. Blended in a food processer with a steel blade. It turns out perfect every time. [email=C@H]C@H[/email] recipe. Smile
Maryann that's the one I made.  Somewhere I read the reason why the plastic blade is in there for dough.  I think I used it when I was doing a sourdough dough because I was told not to use metal for sourdough.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!