DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017 by Mare749 (What's for dinner???...)
Thanks Maryann.

I had a request for Cubanos.
Maryann, that is awesome!  William thought it was impresses you scored front row tickets!  BTW, I grew up playing piano and site read music even now, pretty well.  One of my favorite pieces is Stairway to Heaven.  When the kids were young, it would drive them crazy when I would come home after a particularly crazy day to sit down and bang it out singing at the top of my voice.....several times!  LOL!

The original plan was Chicken Piccatta, but I just got in from the park with Tilley and the chicken is still frozen, so we've decided to order pizza.  I'll do the Piccatta Saturday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Daphne, that's fantastic! I can just see you banging that out on the piano! Big Grin BTW, I grew up playing piano as well, although probably nowhere near as good as you, but am still able to read music and play around with Abby a bit. Ron grew up playing drums, and even played in a band for a short time. His drums are still in our basement and Abby has my piano now.

Dinner tonight was bourbon chicken, jasmine rice, and Chinese broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Not a musical bone in anyone's body here and I still kick myself that I didn't take my dad up on his offer to pay for piano lessons when Michael was young.  STUPID.

Anyway, not sure about dinner.  We may have this bunless or at at least topless.  
http://thewoksoflife.com/2016/06/banh-mi-burger/

Also, thinking of Jean this morning.  I would usually be reminding her this morning that the Breeder's Cup is tomorrow (well, today too but I don't think today's horse races are being shown on NBC like they will be tomorrow afternoon).  Sad

In her memory I'll place a wager on a horse and jockey I think she would pick.   Her favorite jockey was Mike Smith.
Oh Trixxee that burger sounds so good!  I'm going to highlight that one.  I still have 3 lbs of American Wagu ground beef!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
What a beautiful sentiment, T! And good luck on your pick!

I'm thinking of copying your chicken soup with tortellini idea for dinner tonight. It looked so good!

Yes, that burger looks amazing!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tonight I'm making a recipe that Trixxee shared a few days ago, Grilled Ribeye with soy butter Glaze.
Oh, Trixxe...that got me all choked up.  Good luck!  I'll try to watch!

And William would love that burger!

Tonight was steak night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We are doing the soy/butter glazed steak - with filet.  That's all I could find in the freezer.  Wink

Stir fried veggies on the side.  I think I have yellow squash, zucchini, carrots. regular onion, green onions and water chestnuts on hand.

And I found a horse to bet on for Jean.  In race 8 at Del Mar, Breeder's Cup Sprint, there is a horse named Roy H.  Would be better if it was Roy D. but it is what it is.  LOL!
That's perfect Trixee!  Crossing my fingers for Roy H!

We had sous vide Juicy Lucy (Swiss Cheese) burgers last night.  2 hours at 140 and then into an ice blanket until cold - then quickly seared on cast iron.  Garnishes included leaf lettuce, more Swiss, red onion, tomato and sliced cucumber!  Yummmmmmm.  A trick I learned on the Anovafoodnerds FB page:  smear your burger, steak, whatever with a little mayo before searing - you get a great crust!  We use an egg free mayo so don't worry about the extra fat.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!