DINNER THREAD---12/18/ to 12/24/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---12/18/ to 12/24/2017 by Mare749 (Hey! l Where is ever...)
Daphne, how do you know how much food to give your dog?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We now have a dog that is at 100% or better.  We will, at some point soon need to figure out the caloric needs and what we're feeding.  

We've never fed people food, other than some veggies.  Now it's just all home made "dog food".  I am hoping that we can start him back a bit on his kidney failure dog food.  If not, I'll keep cooking for him.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Maryann, I just guess at it.  Pretty much what I’d give her in dry food?

Sharon, I’m so glad Opie is back to normal!  We do what we have to do for our fur babies!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We took him to the Vet today . . . happy to report that he is about 120% of normal!  

Maryann the guidance I was given is that a 1/2 cup of kibble is about 3/4 to 1 cup of home made.  For Opie we have to keep the protein down and moisture content up.  Soggy white bread, a starch, and some protein.  We are going to research grinding egg shells and adding other supplements to his diet.  Renal diets are different.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thanks, Sharon. That makes sense because the dry food would expand with enough water in it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, I just guess at it.  Clogs are most often caused by how the ground meals waste reacts to water or loss of water after the disposal unit has floor it up and sends it on its manner into waste line top rated garbage disposal. When a garbage disposer clogs, you will often locate the problem inside the lure, determined at the waste discharge side of the disposal. Sharon, I’m so glad Opie is back to normal!  We do what we have to do for our fur babies!