What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10?
  Re: What's on the Menu 06/04 - 06/10? by Harborwitch (Wow!  It's the first...)
Maryann, I can't remember what kind of sausage that I used, just regular Italian sausage links, I think? I still buy romaine, just not when it's from Yuma. Big Grin

Dinner tonight is easy, Tacos.
I absolutely love IP Risotto.  It was perfect.  

Sausage in Panzanella?  Hmmmmmm.  

We are using a lot of different greens, including romaine with no problems.  But then all of our lettuces are coming from Oregon & Washington.  

Tonight's dinner is Sous Vide Pork Cheeks from the Anova Culinary site, mashed potatoes and steamed or roasted carrots.  I have to consider my power limitations . . . this really sucks.  This is our last batch of cheeks, we'll freeze one bag back for another dinner - we did 2 1.5 lb bags because they came in a 3lb frozen bag.  Pork cheeks are one of the most succulent pieces of pork, next to the belly.  These pork cheeks were from a farm where the pigs were pastured and allowed to fallow wherever, and fed a superb diet.!  I'm praying that we can find more this year from a local grower.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon, would you mind giving me your risotto recipe? I'm finding that a lot of the recipes online are not consistent.

Dinner tonight will be out. Going downtown with my girls for a "paint night" event. We'll stop for cocktails and snacks on the way.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Of course Maryann

It is from the Official Instant Pot Cookbook that I just picked up at Costco.  It has some wonderful recipes in it!

Mushroom & Spinach Risotto

2 TBS Olive Oil
1/3 c chopped shallots
1 8 oz package cremini mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. chicken or vegetable stock
1 c. Arboria rice
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbs butter
2 c. baby spinach (I didn't have any, and it was fine)
1/3 c. freshly grated Parm.

Select Saute on the IP and adjust to normal.  Add oil to pot.  When oil is hot. add shallots and cook for 3 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, salt and crushed red pepper, cook for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.  Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute more.  Press Cancel.  Add broth, rice, and thyme.  Secure lid on the pot, close the pressure-release valve.

Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes.  When cooking is complete use a quick release to depressurize.

To serve:  Add butter and spinach to rice mixture and stir to wilt spinach.  Stir in Parm.

If you like quinoa let me know - there is an excellent recipe for a quick vegetarian dinner in the book.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thank you! I can't wait to try this! I don't know if we like quinoa because we haven't tried it yet, but would like to if you don't mind posting the recipe? Smile Tongue
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."