Rhubarb Compot?
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a good recipe for Rhubarb Compot?
Thx, UMM
  Re: Rhubarb Compot? by UMM (Does anyone have a g...)
Here's a simple one from somewhere...but, very tastey!! Topped with crème anglaise - super!!

RHUBARB COMPOTE

6 pounds of rhubarb, peeled, diced
1/4 cup water
2 cups sugar

Place the rhubarb and the water in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium-high heat. Bring the water to a boil, stir, cover the pot and cook until the rhubarb is beginning to soften and give up its liquid, about 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar, cover partially and continue cooking until the rhubarb is completely melted and soft, checking it from time to time to be sure it isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan, about 40 minutes. Remove the compote from the heat and let cool before serving.

Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Rhubarb Compot? by UMM (Does anyone have a g...)
And welcome to you UMM----I notice that you have been lurking for a while----please join our family---I love rhubarb---not on our shelves very often but when it is I make a strawberry and rhubarb pie as well as the compote ---exactly the same recipe that cjs gave!!! Nice to have you here---we have a great deal of fun!!!

Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Rhubarb Compot? by Roxanne 21 (And welcome to you U...)
I love rhubarb, like Jean says, I mix it with stewed apple too. My kids used to have it for breakfast sometimes, with custard poured in the middle. Pies and crumbles, muffins, chutney and jam. Wonderful stuff. It readily available here most of the year, don't know why we don't have it more often. Grows like a weed.
  Re: Re: Rhubarb Compot? by vannin (I love rhubarb, like...)
My rhubarb died two years ago, never to be seen again. But , for those of you who like it, did y'all get the rhubarb lemon muffing recipe this week???? Sounds great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Rhubarb Compot? by Lorraine (My rhubarb died two ...)
that did sound good, didn't it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rhubarb Compot? by cjs (that did sound good,...)
Slightly off subject, but I like chopped nuts in my crumble too.
  Re: Re: Rhubarb Compot? by vannin (Slightly off subject...)
I normally add nuts to my crumbles or toppings also.
www.achefsjourney.com