Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus
  Re: (...)
Well I'm making these tonight and I've seen 2 basic but different versions. Baked and cold. The baked version has you putting them in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes. The cold has you first cooking the asparagus in boiling water for about 5 minutes then putting into a cold water bath, then wrapping the prosciutto about them and serving the cold (or room temp).

What you preferences? I'm leaning towards the baked because then it gets nice and crispy on the outside?

(These will be served with grill ribeye steaks)

Oh would love a wine pairing if anyone has a suggestion.

Thank you!!
  Re: Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus by DFen911 (Well I'm making thes...)
I agree with you - baked!!

As far as the wine goes, since you are grilling, I would do a Pinot Noir or Merlot to pick up on the smokey notes.
  Re: Re: Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus by dollop (I agree with you - b...)
I love them baked. I love proscuitto when it's brown and crispy. I could make a meal off the baked proscuitto wrapped asparagus. They are really delicious. Proscuitto is good wrapped around almost anything, especially when it's baked!
Calliope
my 2 cents - I'd go with the baked version, then you have the best of both worlds. These are great cool also, you don't have to worry about keeping them hot. Also, if you have leftovers (ha ha ha) they'd be great added to a salad.

Wines are so difficult with asparagus (and artichokes...), but I agree with the Pinot - that would be good. For a white and for a special white wine, if you can find the Austrian Gruner Veltiner ($10-12 range), that would be great. Also a Reisling would be nice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus by cjs (my 2 cents - I'd go ...)
Thank you all so much!

***10 days and counting***
Ok made these night and what a huge hit! Hubby who HATES asparagus had quite a few of them and stated "This is the best stuff ever"