Thai-style Grilled Tilapia
  Re: (...)
My mouth is tingly, my nose is a bit runny-- must have had Thai for dinner!

Thought I'd share this. I was trying to find a use for this wonderful lemongrass-in-a-tube (paste-type) that I bought a few weeks ago, so I found some stuff in the refirgerator and came up with this. Really, really good, even if I do say so myself (and DH agrees):

Thai-Style Grilled Tilapia
serves 2

1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (or 1 tablespoon minced fresh)
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
12 ounces tilapia fillets
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (or more, if desired)
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
hot cooked basmati rice
1/2 small lime, cut into 2 wedges

In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt through the red curry paste.
In a shallow dish, place fish filets. Pour about 1/4 of the yogurt mixture over filets and rub in. Flip fillets over, do the same with another 1/4 of the yogurt mixture. Cover the fish and refrigerate for 30 minutes. The remaining yogurt sauce should be served at room temperature, but if the kitchen is warm refrigerate it and warm in microwave.

Heat grill at a medium setting. Oil the grid well. Spray one side of the fish with cooking spray and place this side down on the grill. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove fish to a baking sheet and spray the uncooked side with more cooking spray (I think that, with the yogurt sauce, this fish may have a tendency to stick). Flip fillets back onto the grill. Cook until done (another 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes).

Serve over hot cooked basmati rice. Drizzle sauce over, sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro, place lime wedge on the side. Squeeze lime over before eating.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Thai-style Grilled Tilapia by foodfiend (My mouth is tingly, ...)
OMG!! That sounds soooo good! Copied and printed!
Thanks foodfiend!
Loving every moment of my life!!
Yum foodfiend, sounds like "We're havin' FISH tonite!!"
thanks,
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thai-style Grilled Tilapia by farnfam (Yum foodfiend, sound...)
wow, the flavors goin' on there - sounds awfully good!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Let me know what you guys think of it!
My very first original recipe post on these boards...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Thai-style Grilled Tilapia by foodfiend (Let me know what you...)
This looks VERY interesting!!! Now I have to figure out what I could sub tilapia with---love seafood!!!!

Hope this won't be you last recipe post, foodfiend----we always love new ways to do our favorite foods!!! Thanks for your time.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
This sounds wonderful! This will be a good dish I can prepare ahead of time for my hubby and daughter to enjoy.

Thank you for sharing
  Re: Re: Thai-style Grilled Tilapia by foodfiend (Let me know what you...)
Ok foodfiend, we had your recipe tonite and we really did enjoy it. Will make again Thanx
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thai-style Grilled Tilapia by farnfam (Ok foodfiend, we had...)
Quote:

Ok foodfiend, we had your recipe tonite and we really did enjoy it. Will make again Thanx

Thank you for your response! So it wasn't just us...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
Had to bring this post back into action! I fixed this for dinner tonight and it was wonderful!!! Way to go Foodfiend!
I fixed the recipe exactly as it was written,...except for the rice. I fixed fried rice (eggs, green onions, and slight drizzle of soy sauce---)

I also served this dish with sugar snap peas roasted with EVOO, fresh thyme, shallots and garlic... had to add a FEW drops of soy sauce for a finish! They were awesome too and I will fix those again with grilled chix, pork...

Just wanted to let you foodies know that this really is a great recipe. If you like Thai inspired food (peanuts, coconut, spicy..) give it a try! You won't be disappointed!
Loving every moment of my life!!